More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

no total fix getting back to >180, devs seem to be working on getting them slightly higher though…

From TypoDaPsycho at Ergo forum:

Unfortunately, from what I’m now reading such update isn’t likely. At least not one that’ll restore Vegas to previous 185-200+ MH/s.

From what I understand, Vegas could pre-create & store four 2gb DAG tables, having 8gb memory. With the increase of Ergo’s table size above 2 gb this is no longer possible.

Screenshot from TRM discord channel

2 Likes

thank you

Hi, can you send us straps you are using for this OC for Sapphire Vega 56 to compare with mine?
Thank you!

Hello

Has anyone had an issue with mem clk being stuck at 850MHz. OC is set to 950 but it will not move.

ASUS Strix Vega 56 Hynix HBM2.

amdmemtweak --RC 35 --RP 13 --RAS 22 --REF 65500 --RFC 148 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4

The biggest thing I have noticed with the new ergo update is that the mem tweaks make almost no difference in the cards performance. Maybe this will be something that changes soon.

1 Like

Yup :frowning: It’s all about clocks atm. :frowning:

All V64=> flashed to 56s +2x 3080s ETH and Ryzen 3600 Monero. That’s my main PC as well.

ps.The Gpu2 is a stupid Gigabyte VEGA 64 GAMING OC I can push it for getting same mh/s like the other 3, but software watts goes to 190-200 (but as I have read giga bios reports almost the value from the wall haven’t tested though dunno, the only thing that I have noticed is that it reports higher W consumption for the HBM so quessing bad/not efficient VRM design).

1 Like

ops bad screenshoot Dag was building for the Vegas.

Yea I’m getting between 135-140 on the 56 cards and 150 on my 64. It’s like the memtweak settings do nothing at all.

2 Likes

Oc settings please

amd drivers: Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.1.1-Win10-64Bit-Jan21
If you are happy with the above mh/s target for effective core clk ±1427 (you can push more but efficiency goes bad even if same GPU results vary) I suggest you start with 956mV if it’s stable lower till you crash then pump 6 or 12 mV untill you are rock stable.
Mem doesn’t matter so I have it as lower I can without losing much.

ps. After finding the settings you are happy with, on windows if Vcore goes above of what you are trying to load 1st load a different profile eg. =>

And after that load the profile you wanna have. With that trick Vcore locks where you want, but can’t go lower than 800mV unless you play with power tables // custom bios but on my setup can’t do it cause It’s frankenstein build with both nvidia and amd and I crash).

2 Likes

according to whattomine, ETH is much more profitable since the ergo nerf.

Says $3.98/day on eth vs $2.82 on ergo.

With some tweaks I am testing out eth at 55.5mh and seems to be stable so far, going to try dropping voltage next.

Sad ergo was nerfed so hard but I guess I am back on eth for the time being. Although in fairness, even with 200mh on ergo eth is still more profitable right now.

If you are planning to sell asap what you mine sure, mining the top of the list coin is da best. Or even mine and trade to what you want (also consider the trading fees, the need of multiple exchanges accounts etc).
On the other hand I’m planning to hold some coins for years so current price is relevant 2 me, + I avoid trading will be harder for my tax statements.

1 Like

Well, if you’re mining to hodl, isn’t ETH a safer bet in the long run?
I like Charles and everything the Cardano team is doing but it’s still a big maybe for me.

I use to hodl ERGO but I’ve decided to switch my vegas to ETH until the merge.

1 Like

TBH, I mine with nicehash so I can get BTC payouts (although considering switching to 2miners). Also I am small time, just my gaming rigs and the old cards that used to be in them basically.

I don’t care for ETH due to the centralized nature of it and moving to POS, POS is just a way for whales to control the market.

ERGO I just don’t know enough about it to want to mine it directly. Same deal with Flux.

If you like ergo and want to mine it directly, great, I say support every POW project out there.

Plus I am selling in the bull market we are in now to pay things off. I plan to hodl once we hit the next bear market.

1 Like

Sure the more well known a coin is there is less risk, but lower gains as well. Higher the risk with a lesser coin like Erg we may get a lot… or we may get nothing :smiley:
I ain’t pro about the market shares etc, but I like Ergo. I first mined it with NHML Fork Fix using Nicehash (so converted to BTC), learnt about it, liked it and now I want to have some in my portfolio (I made a full node wallet) :slight_smile:

Ah and Charles doesn’t have to do with Ergo though. Alexander Chepurnoy is on this, which was a developer at Cardano, Chainlink and BTC i think. Cardano uses Erg as a test platform I think and it might be included in the ErgoDex to convert Erg<=>Cardano without the need of exchanges.

In my head most of the coins are like a polititians which giving promises “we will do this… and that…”, but few of them deliver atm. Ergo does the opposite their marketing sux hard, but they do things. Thus that doesn’t mean it will succeed, only when a coin gains a market cap and ppl use it to buy and sell is a winner.

1 Like

You do fine bro there is no right or wrong :slight_smile:
I started with a 3080 from my gaming rig as well, then used my old vega too (using NH => BTC).
And this summer I converted my gaming rig to a mining frame, bought 3 more Vegas for cheap and another 3080, used NHML Fork Fix Erg or Eth=>BTC for the vegas and the last month I made a full node wallet for Erg.

My 3080s are always on NH QuickMiner =>BTC, I don’t like Eth as well :smiley: +Doubt it will hold a good price if it will go PoS.

Same time I mine Monero since CPU is there idling alrdy. +I save of my central heating bill.
So in short my gaming pc is a mining frame which heats my appartment :smiley:

2 Likes

exactly now im getting only 143 mhs ,can u tell me any new tweaks or any other setting, i was getting 185mhs before teamredminer update

I was getting 200+ too but now 147 (posted screens with settings above).
The only thing we can do now is wait for TRP update and start tweaking again :confused:

ps. At my test bench I noticed some months ago 3-7mh/s difference. And I just got different CPU which shouldn’t matter (2600 vs 3600) and DDR4 XMP vs Custom timmings … => so Guessing DDR4 custom timmings helps a little if you have ryzen CPU. For Intel platform dunno, don’t think it matters.
Google: " DRAM Calculator for Ryzen" for more info.
If you ain’t familiar with OCing memory I suggest you just use the XMP profile… it’s 2 much work for what u get.

Sir, cab u share ur memtweak for Ethash?

i gues U cant fix it by changing teamredminer version to old ones