More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

I raised the memory voltage and it picked up 2mhs. Now I’ll see how long it stays stable for. It still can’t run anything under rc 37 and rcdrd 21 for some reason.

Ah knew it was too good to be true. Pool side hash is really bad. Gonna keep an eye on it for 24 hours but pool hash has gone the opposite way.

My pool hashrate avg is 1% bellow my avg hashrate, due to stale shares. Working as intended :smiley:

2 Likes

One thing I found interesting about this double dissipation card is that I can drop core to 1265 with 860mv and the memory straps as before ad pull 168mhs at 118w. That’s pretty cool but I want it to be higher lol I checked it in amd-info and I have the core set at 1335 but but it shows it at 1266?

Ok I will test more and get back.

You’re right, was a coincidence and my internet mustve been affected my shares adversely. Confirmed intended hashrate today. Wow. Vega really are the best mining cards right now… albeit take some skill and luck to tune

1 Like

My 5700XT microns do about 56 MH @ 140W. But the real winner is the samsungs that do 55 MHs @ 110W.

I think post-ETH Vegas are better value since they do really well at ERGO.

1 Like

anyone know if it is possible to adjust the vega memory voltage on windows? I had to move them to a windows machine since you can’t run 2x teamredminer instances (aka, one for ETH and one for ERGO).

I don’t really feel like moving them back to the hive rig just to have ergo become more profitable again and have to switch them back.

I SO wish I could just run multiple TRM for different coins since other miners just don’t work for AMD.

Interesting… i have both types and although the system reported wattage is lower for samsung, i have not noticed a difference in at the wall power. Have you tested each of them at the wall? Mine are in mixed systems and its very difficult for me to tell but 140-150 seems to be the verdict. The micron can do 57-58 and samsungs 56-57 in my experience. Worth noting that vega’s mining ethereum SEEM to consume less than ergo per software but the difference is minimal when i measured at the wall. So strange and makes it difficult to optimize.

I dont know any way to unfortunatelty. But one clarification - u need to modify memory voltage to optimize ethereum, not ergo. Ergo uses higher core clocks so u dont have to push memory as hard.

I was able to do this using AMD Radeon for Windows: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software. It has default settings for various uses such as gaming, but you can create custom settings for core & memory clock speed & voltage, etc.

I have noticed that eth reports less power as well but also noticed that my temps stay cooler on eth and it seems to actually consume less power as well. I don’t have an isolated way to see my vega power draw though without pulling the rig apart.

Had issues in hive on ergo as well due to the power limit preventing me from getting over ~180mh, I need around 165-170w to reach ~195mh.

Those are impressive eth numbers as well, best I can manage is 51mh with 1000 core / 965 mem / 860 vdd on samsung.

Yep, I got that. Eth is more profitable right now so I have them mining that right now. I moved them to the windows machine back when ergo was more profitable and have not wanted to move them back out of fear of things reversing again since my hive machine is nice and stable right now.

If it was possible to run 2x TRM on different coins I would run hive for everything. Anyone know of a workaround for that? I can’t be the only one wanting to mine ergo and eth on a single mixed AMD rig?

Yep, I have used wattman but switchs to overdriventool for AMD overclocks. The issue is it doesn’t allow for setting the memory voltage, just the core voltage. This limits the max memory clock in my case to around 930-965mhz.

those are some settings ive optimized for eth. Shows samsung 5700 and vega cards. Hoping that helps you. Most good brand vega samsung can hit 57 mhs. Reason why im not a huge fan anymore of 5700. And are far more stable

1 Like

Youre not the only one! Look at my last post. Those hynix are very poor at ETH but both hit 200 in ergo. I wish i could use two different TRM as vega literally cant use any other one. What do you mean you are hitting power limits on vega for ergo btw? Havent had that happen so curious

Ive found windows to be AWFUL gor vega’s. The software is unstable and unreliable. Hiveos much better for vega. 5700 or nvidia windows is fine

Thanks for the settings, I will play around with them although without being able to raise the memory voltage I am betting that I will be limited in what I can do.

Yep, any other miner is horrible for vega/polaris cards, they can work ok for the newer cards but those are the ones I am not worried about lol. I tried to create a custom miner by coping TRM and renaming it but for some reason it was not detected in hive and I gave up and just moved it to windows.

On my windows machine I have TRM running ETH, ERGO and RVN all at the same time in some cases. Just using old left over cards from when I upgraded so a VERY mixed rig.

In hive no matter what I did the vegas were limited to 160-165w and it would throttle the core if it went above that tanking ergo hashrate. I need around 930mv to keep them stable at ~195mh and that putts the power at ~170-175w IIRC.

Have not really had any stability issues on windows once I got the overclock dialed in so it was not crashing but also can’t get eth hashrate nearly as high. ERGO could do better on windows due to raising the power limit.

Very interesting - never had that issue mining Ergo in HiveOS. We all fiund out what works best for our system! How are they connected to PSU? My highest required 160W software and all are 190+, with a couple above 200.

Not sure what the power is at the wall for the vega indivdually but guessing around 200w. That is not an issue, it is the reported power that is the issue, the power limit is stuck at 160w and if it tries to go over that, the clocks are throttled.

In windows it needs ~175w reported which requires raising the power limit but the power limit does not seem to work for vegas in hive.