More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

The hynix card is now drawing 165 watts after the change too. The Samsung card has made no improvement in hasrate even at 1350. It’s still 167. I’m also new to using team red miner and notice that their has rates change as it runs where the miner I used previously stayed a steady number. Is this correct? I attached the bios info for the two cards.

Try this strap on the Samsung. Reduce Mem to 846 and remove the SOC setting. I think that will get it to 180. 1297 effective core is perfect.
amdmemtweak --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 4 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 10

1 Like

Applied the settings you suggested and now I have the attached. It’s looking real good and way more stable than I had before.

I was able to get the hynix card up to 192mhs by raising the core to 1350 and raising the memory to 890 and it’s doing it at 135w. The Samsung card I have been able to get to 183mhs buy keeping the settings you suggested and it’s pulling 134w. I have another Vega card on the way that is slightly different so we will see how that goes. Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

I snagged another Vega 56 card and I still really don’t understand how to build the straps for it correctly. I have tried the settings I used on the previous two and it dies with both. I attached the and info to see what I’m working with. How can I go about learning to build the strap? Also suggestion on it are much appreciated. It is a hynix memory card as well. XFX Radeon IMG_20211019_112305343|375x500

I have been looking through here and don’t see any cards that have a ref 3200 so I tried some of the others. This is the only thing I can get to work on it so far and it’s at 175mhs but I would like to see if I can get more. I have tried to drop the rcdrd but when I do the card goes dead. No matter what I set the core to it won’t go up in mhs.

1350 core
890 MV
890 memory
amdmemtweak --CL 21 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 14

my sapphire hynix works the exact same way, trash at eth though unfortunately (200MH vs 51 MH). my asrock hynix is somehow decent at eth while upping the core does nothing for ergo (190MH vs 53.5 MH)

It’s strange that the one won’t go over 175. It’s also not stable yet either. I keep getting gpu dead a few times a day. I can not figure out what is causing it as I have tried different straps, lower clocks, higher MV, lower memory and the only thing that has keep it stable is running it with no straps at all.

hmm looks like the double dissipation model, I have not mined with that card yet, looks like effective core is way lower, on some of my worst cards that have effective core that far off I had to run vdd at 906. only other thought if that is not working is increase RC to 37 could also drop memory to 846

did you try raising the hbm memory voltage? you can do that now in oc
Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 16.45.53
0=1250 (default mV for vega 56 bios)
Also check using amd-info tool from run command

It is the double dissipation model. I have had the voltage up in the high 900s and it changes nothing for the mhs output when I increase the clock. All of my other cards when I dropped the RCDRD to 11 they had a way higher hash and when I do it on this one it just goes dead. Trying to get it stable is one thing and trying to get a better hash is even harder. I also raised the rc to 37 yesterday but it hasn’t helped much.

I haven’t tried to raise it as of yet but I can.

Zimbaba thank you! Just allowed me to add stability and more hash to several Vega’s with the provided mem voltage recommendation. Do you know if there is documentation anywhere on what voltages are safe for HBM2? I venture to guess adding 10 mV wont break it but wondering how far that can be taken.

TBH now I am getting Vega hash on par with 5700 and not too far off on power consumption. About 55Mhs 160W vs 56MHs 150W… Dont see the appeal of 5700 besides being a better asset (better GPU) should mining become unprofitable.

What settings / straps are you using to get 55mh on eth? I have 2x MSI vega 56’s. 1 I get 52mh and the other 50mh.

You’re welcome!

Default BIOS HBM voltage is 1.35v for vega64 and 1.25v for vega56.

So if you’re using Vega 64 cards with Vega 56 bios like myself, you have plenty of room to raise voltage until you hit default 64 bios - in other words all the way up to 1350mV!

Only two thing to be careful about are the temps and power consumption :smiley:

You can actually hit almost 58mhs if you’re brave/crazy enough as seen here: Almost 58 MH/S by @dukeofdream

2 Likes

Awesome information. Now to figure out which of mine are 64 stock or 56 XD. Pretty sure its ok since many people used to flash 64 stock onto 56 and I dont recall issues. And yes temps are my biggest barrier. 100% want under 85C mem temp but prefer under 75C. Let me look at that link, great info much appreciated

Anything and everything ss-silver posts haha. Most are this: amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12. Samsung memory required to go above 52/53.

1 Like

Aaaaand youre awesome. New results 1300mV memory:

Short term stable, long term TBD. Gain of 2 MH for 5W WOW.

2 Likes