More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Ok thx!!. Let´s see if @Smining570 knows then. Where can I download those 2 Bios?.

Hi
Here
is the rom im using on strix64to56

2 Likes

Shall I use Amdvbflash to flash this Bios?.

What Overclock and Strap do you recommend?

Thanks!!.

EDIT: Maybe these ones?: Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64 - #268 by Smining570 I don´t know which one of those Vega 56 are Vega 64.

On that post’s picture Strix is gpu 3.
I would use hive flash tool.

1 Like

Ok great. I never used HiveOS flashing tool, but I will find a tutorial. I guess you can backup both original Vega´s 64 Bios before flashing Vega´s 56.

Thanks!

1 Like

Lucky for you i am flashing a 5700 today so…

Before you start make sure the bios switch is on OC / performance mode, and download the bios you want to flash on the machine you update your OCs from.

1. Click into the worker that has the GPU installed that you want to bios flash
  2. Stop the miner (i also unset the flight sheet to be super sure it wont start mining but that is not necessary)
  3. Click Download bios in the overclocking tab then wait a minute and you will see a recent message the download is complete, click it to get that bios and save it locally as a back up… just incase.
  4. Back on the over clocking tab click Flash VBIOS^
  5. Upload the desired (56) bios and select the right GPU
  6. Switch the toggle to force flash and click upload
  7. wait like 10 seconds the you will see a recent message that the ROM flashing OKimage
  8. Use Power Actions to reboot the machine

Should boot you will see that card is now a 56 in Hive and start mining if you have a flight sheet, or if you unset that just reset the flight sheet so it starts mining.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you so much!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ok, I just swapped my Vegas and an RX 480 from windows to a new rig I built running hiveos and can not seem to match my windows hashrates.

On the vegas the issues seems to be that they are hard capped at 165w for some reason when I needed 175w to get peak hashrates on windows.

How can I increase the power limit? I have tried putting in every number I can think of in hive, 50, 100, 200 etc. Nothing seems to effect it at all.

Do I need a modded bios or something? 1 is an airboost and the other a basic blower card.

Any ideas?

try your suggestion @ss-silver , and achieve 172.8 MHs with more watt, so i will revert back to my original oc. sigggh

I also bought a brand new “Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA64 Nitro+”. Can I use the same Vega´s 56 BIOS that I will use with “Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 rog strix” ? @Smining570 @ss-silver

Thanks!

No, with aftermarket cards you should stay with the same brand, so you should look up its particular Sapphire Nitro+ 56 variant on VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp. There are a few Nitro+ on that page.
Unfortunately I don’t have one of those so don’t know which one specific.

1 Like

Oh I see, so the BIOS above, that works for “Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 rog strix”, wouldn’t work for this “Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA64 Nitro+”, gotcha.

I checked the link that you provided, but yeah, how to know then which BIOS should I use for my “Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA64 Nitro+”? mmmmm well, I guess someone here will have it and knows which BIOS to use :slight_smile:

As I see, there are 3 possible BIOS:

Trial and error my friend, trial and error :stuck_out_tongue:
Just flash one and see if it works. If not, flash another one. If it doesn’t even boot anymore, there is a failsafe bios onboard (little switch on the side of your card) from which you can boot, and once booted, flip the switch back and flash another bios. Flash until satisfied :nerd_face:
And if nothing works, flash your backup (always backup the original bios prior to start flashing) again.

3 Likes

haha ok thx!

Hey everyone,

I just purchased a Vega 64 (only my second AMD card), and it seems like I purchased a dud (a $500 dud). I’ve followed the steps in this guide, and the teamredminer guide, but I literally can’t change any overclock settings (even by like +5), without the card showing artifacts on my screen. I initially thought it had something to do with Windows not liking me trying to setup an Nvidia/AMD rig, so I installed Hive OS, and am still encountering nothing but issues with the card.

It stays at around 118Mh if I don’t do anything to overclock settings, but if I do anything, it just crashes. I’m not sure what to do about the card at this point.

I would start with trying to flash a 56 bios on it to see if runs better. What kind of Vega 64 is it?

I just flashed it to 56 bios, and it seems 100% more stable. I can actually change overclock settings and it still works. It’s the Power Color blower-style cooler Vega 64. I’m still having trouble getting about 120Mh

Nice that was quick, on my 64 reference powercolor vega with the 56 bios I only set:
Core: 1360
VDD: 906
Memory: 860

and this tweak
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

If that runs you can probably turn down the vdd, that card is my highest vdd on that rig.

One other difference in HiveOs, I always stop the miner before updating the OCs, most my rigs will crash if I change OCs while its mining.

2 Likes

Yeah , its starting to heat up during the days now so im finding keeping the cards down abit … which part you moving to ?

there is only my pesky msi airboost hynix i cannot get to 180 and stable - can get there but dies. i cant run my rcdrd down past 16… sitting on 177 ATM with

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

i do find the asus hynix i have tends to give me abit more in the 180s …

If i flash the 56 to a 64 would it help to unlock abit more ?

I have 2 Airboosts and one of them also gave me headaches.

When repasting all my reference cards, I have noticed that the pesky one as you call it has no mould around its’ gpu and hmb dies like my other reference cards:

Following examples do have that mould around their dies (from left to right: Radeon 64, MSI 56 and Gigabyte 56):

I also noticed that both the MSI HBM’s look smaller than the other ones, but that can be because they are both Hynix and the Radeon and Gigabyte are Samsung.

I have given up on the pesky one as probably due to above reason it will never be able to reach the same hashrates as the other ones. I’m curious if your Airboost has the same non-moulded dies.

1 Like