More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Brisbane, and ya its the specific card worst vega ive ever had was a Strix Hynix but my Airboost Hynix is fine, not great but fine.
Dont flash the Hynix to a 64 bios there are no 64 bios that support hynix memory so it would probably brick the card. Also in my experience the 56 bios always out preforms the 64 for mining.

1 Like

Hi ss-silver, I have a vega 64 of amd/ati. these are the specifications can you help me to suggest about flash 64 to 56 bios?

if its looks like this and has samsung memory (I see yours does, well all 64s do) I use this Bios

Okayā€¦ and what your oc setting after flash bios?

this is really interesting, I noticed tiny scratches/marks on the die for the bad cards and I see the same on your bad one, and not on your good ones but never noticed the molding around it. Might have to take some cards apart and check thatā€¦ wonder if there could be a hardware fix for those

Depends on what hash/wattage you are targeting these are settings I use to target in the 190Mh range around 140w.

amdmemtweak --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 4 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 10

CORE: 1364
Core Voltage: 875
Memory: 880

This one is a less aggressive memory timings, incase you are getting crashes or invalids from that first strap.
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

1 Like

Thanks ss-silver I have 186Mh/s on my vega 64 flash to 56 biosā€¦

Nice you can try raising Core like 10-20 if you want to try to get a bit more hash or dropping vdd by 12 if you want less watts. Might want to check both straps from above, I have not figured out why but, some card do better on the second strap some better on the first one.

Thatā€™s most likely only some dust, probably I took the picture before the surface cleaning :sweat_smile:

Thatā€™s why I use the MSI Airboost one, it is good for Hynix and Samsung, and I have both so itā€™s easier, only one bios to flash them all :nerd_face: (the reference cards anyway)

And I donā€™t think there is a performance difference between those reference biossesā€¦

This is what I get once I flashed with the Bios you provided :slight_smile:

Did you use PL 200? I canā€™t see that in your image.

Thanks also for tutorial @ss-silver :slight_smile:

I will receive tomorrow another Vega 64. So easy to backup Bios and flash the new one!!

1 Like

Does anyone here knows if i can flash a 56 bios into a 64 liquid cooled vega?
I donā€™t know if it would work. I donā€™t know if liquid cooled 64 vegas have bios switches(dual bios).
There are no liquid cooled vega 56ā€™s. So i would need to flash a reference 56 bios. Iā€™m afraid it would brick my lc.
Any thoughts?

Yes. Itll be easier flashing in hiveos, windows was a pain. I used the reference AMD bios for vega 56 aircooled. Runs well but definitely more watt usage than stock air cooled. settings vary but im using 1465 core 915 VDD and 925 mem for 196 MHs at 148W software (probably 170W wall). Strap same as OP at top of this post.

How can I lower these values?, they are so high. Temperatureā€¦ well, I have fans, I donā€™t know why they are not lower, but the load %ā€¦

Those % are related with fans %, right?. As I lower Fan% and that value goes lower.

A little bit better now at least, placing the fan in another angle:

Confused on the question, but left is memory temp and right is fan speed. My 2 cents is you can replace fans but you cant replace memory, so I opt to run fans high

2 Likes

Yeah, so I can increase Fan% or put more fans in my room. Gotcha, thx!

That worked great! Iā€™m now setting at 181 mh, while pulling 147 watts. I was able to get it to 171 mh at 118 watts though. I might pull it back a bit to save on the electric bill haha. Still very impressed with this card.

1 Like

Yours is a vega 64 watercooled too?

Yes it is

1 Like

Careful as ive found vegas pull a LOT more at the wall tahn they say. 140 is around 175 or so