More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Any idea why two cards hashing much lower? same settings.

Yep its your effective core some cards run at like -4 other cards run at like -60, so for those cards you will need to increase core if want to have same hasrate.

I bought a “broken” 5700 to fix and flip, these truly are terrible on ERG lol

3 Likes

I have been reading this thead and trying to setup a vega 56. Right now i am having an issue with core clock - i have set this to 1400, however when i check amd-info the below shows.

The card is currently around 164mh, from what i have read i feel this is low becase the core clock is low. Are there any suggestions?

did you try to stop the miner and re-apply oc? For me doing this gets me totally different clocks from what I get on start/reboot. Mind tho that higher numbers doesn’t always mean same hashrate as the other cards…

I just tried this and still the same … the effective clocks do not match the applied clocks!

The interesting thing here is it seams to cycle between the lower clock and the higher clock (GPU3).

GPU3|517x500

None of my other GPUs do this, not sure if this is just a bad GPU or if there is something i have not applied correctly. From the miner i see 1138, 1269 and 1400 show up in the logs for the same GPU? its strange. I wonder if anyone has seen this before - or knows how to resolve it?

try to stop the miner, increase the clock by 5, then restart, if you only re-apply without any change nothing will be different, if you did so I dunno what else :smiley:

ugh also from that screenshot your Wattage is very high, I wouldn’t go above 160W
If you’re using mem clock 847 you should set SoC to 860 (it will effectively be 850 at least in my case) this will drop your wattage very much indeed

for me there was no increase in hash by using anything above 940 mem and 1420-1460 core(effectively 1418 depending on the card) for 200.1-201.3 mh/s but with 161W-165W usage, so gave up on that until the colder weather comes :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Your clocks and tweaks got me from 137MH to 204MH at 175 watts on my Vega 64 flashed to 56 so thank you! Also I switched from NBMiner to TeamRedMiner with your clocks so not sure which did it but I don’t care. It just works. =)

1 Like

awesome! what card are you using and what are your other settings?

Look at the line below your blue circle (PerfCtrl); it’s power is capped at 150W and it’s running 149W. It can’t give more juice if it’s limited. You should flash a vbios with a higher power limit.

2 Likes

I found it so weird how same cards, flashed with the same 56 bios, set to same OC’s and straps, can differ so much in hashrate. But now you’ve mentioned it, looking at the effective cores, they differ. Thanks for pointing that out!
For example, I have two ROG Strix 64, both core 1340, vdd 845, mem 847, soc 850.
Yet one hashes at 176MH/s with effective core 1279MHz and the other at 183MH/s with effective core 1327MHz.
I’ve now set the core of the first to 1364 which has set the effective core to 1306Hz and which now also hashes at 183MH/s; so somewhat lower effective core than the other one, yet same hashrate.

What effective cores are you aiming at for your 56 Sammies, 56 Hynies and 64-to-56ies ?

2 Likes

PowerColor Red Devil RX VEGA 64 8GB Samsung Memory HBM2

Mining Ergo at 204 MH

BIOS flashed to Vega 56

1,474 Core Clock

943 Core Voltage

970 Memory Clock

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12

2 Likes

i got given a faulty one of them i’m going to try and fix it!

Silver , do you stick to the 1400 effective core ? or do you go past it ? ie will the vegas run at 1440 - 1500 effective core on ergo ? or depends on stability ?

So What were your settings before moding it to Vega56? I just got a hold of a vega 64, but wanted to get used to tweaking them before locating more. I figured the 64 would be a better buy but after seeing that people mod it to the 56 maybe not such a good idea.

I’m only getting about 68.81MH/s at the moment :frowning: not cool when my 580s get about 66MH/s…I have tried many settings on here but just doesn’t stick. ends up bringing down my whole rig.

My rig is strictly HiveOS so should I invest in getting a test bench to mod this card?

1 Like

I top out at 1405 effective core… during the summer. Electric cost are like double here right now so I care a little more about watts and heat this time of year, most are running closer to 1305-1350.

But 1470 effective core and SOC state 1028 (by setting memory to like 970-990) will run at 207Mh. I ran that for a few days, its the first screenshot in this thread, gotta scroll WAY up now lol. You will need really good cooling like Strix, Nitro + or MAYBE the red devil. The reference card I ran at 207 has an aftermarket “Morpheus” cooler and Noctua fans.

2 Likes

Where are you located ? im in Australia . i dare say running at those high settings though will take its toll on the cards ?

You will get better results when you flash to 56; all these straps and OC’s are for 56 biosses; if you apply those on your 64 you will get worse results. Flashing is easy; just find the correct 56 vbios and force flash it from within hiveos.
And a test bench is always a good idea!

help me with Power Color Vega 56 Red Devil (Hynix), bios original, unable to past 172 MHS
if no memtweak set with core 1360, vdd 900 mem 900 i’m able to get 164 MHS
but when applying this memtweak :
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 13 --WR 11 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 249 --RTP 6 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 4 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 11

it will crash, so with above memtweak i set oc :
core 1225, vdd 900 mem 847 i was able to get 171.2 MHS (Stable)

is there any memtweak setup for this powercolor hynix so i can get above 175 MHS ?

i try other memtweak hynix in this thread with no luck (always crash under 2 minute)

Hi guys, one question. I just bought an Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 rog strix. I would like to know if once I receive it (probably tomorrow), if I need to flash Bios with Vega´s 56 Bios, to be able to get more hashrate.

I just have 1 x Vega 56 and I had to do nothing with Bios, but I don’t know if Vega 64 needs that Bios change.

Thanks!!

@sirvok I would try 846 mem (to drop you to SOC state 847) and just bump up core by 40-60 if the memtweaks are not doing it for you.

@Elysium I dont mind running my cards hard but if mem temp goes over 85 I usually shut them down this only happens to me when my AC goes out during the daytime. I also tear down the rigs and clean the dust off every 4-6 weeks. Heat and dust kill cards IMHO. I am in the US but will actually be moving to Australia next year!

@oskuro Yep you will want to flash that with the 56 strix bios, but there are two and they have different power limits. I dont remember which one to use @Smining570 has flashed a 64 Strix, he probably knows the right bios to use.

1 Like