More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Interestingly, I set both core values to zero, and got slightly higher MH

Now, according to this article, DPM is calculated by core settings (Clock, voltage, and state), so I’m going to play with the some more

What version of HiveOS are you running?
I’m on 0.6-205@210715 as I saw posts about instabilities above this version.

Hi all! I applied @ss-silver settings, it’s awesome! Great thanks!

2 Likes

Hello amkarovec

Try this settings on the gtx and then play with that.

FAN 75%
CORE 30
MEM 800
POWER 195
PILL Activated

When I had the evga gtx 1080 ti mine was around 106.3Mh/s in ergo

Hi Lc1975! gtx now mines ETH more efficient for nvidia cards

That true, for ERGO with VEGA the winner is TRM.
For all other cards lolMiner is the winner with ERGO.

Lowest Fee 1.5% compare to 2% or 2.5%
Lower Watts with Navi and Polaris

You will have real hash, not like you have now. LolMiner is only of the two miners that report real hash in ERGO, because they count the no mining time of the Data Ergo Set. You are not seeing drops now and that is not true. During the Data Ergo Set you are not able to mine… how can you still have Mhs… so that’s not honest from that miners

can i ask how to setup email address in lolminer & nanopool, planning to test mining ERGO with Lolminer for my 470/570/580 4GB GPU

1 Like

Here you have Template for nanopool…
you only need to put :

%WAL%/%WORKER_NAME%/HERE_YOUR_EMAIL

I also addded the --watchdog off parameter just to never stop mining and you will have good information if a GPU goes down which has got a problem and try to solve the OC or Undervolt problem. It is for me the best way to have correctly checked my rigs, and now which Card has problem

This is REAL!
I just got a smart plug and the average power consumption is about 50% higher than hiveos reported!!
Man, there is nothing efficient about vegas…
3070’s really consume way less i suppose.

Do you guys know if a 1000w titanium psu(corsair ax1000 titanium) can handle 4 vegas(reference 64 flashed to 56)?

Yep Vega is a big power hog, but consider that it was released 4 years ago and the GPUs from that time were very power hungry.

Ideally I would prefer to have a farm of 3070s because they are much more power efficient.
But when I compare the power cost saving vs market price of 3070 vs Vega, I would have to run the 3070 for 2,200 days to break even lol.

so it’s not different with the TRM setup after all, thanks man

after 15 minute mine with lolminer, i’ve notice slightly drop hashrate in ergo algo for my 470/570/580 card.
with TRM i can get avg 67 MHS for all my 6 gpu, but with lolminer only avg 65 MHS, same OC setup.

i know that lolminer have 1.5% fee and TRM have 2.0% fee for Ergo. will keep mining with lolminer and see whether the fee will compensate the reduce hashrate

Also have a look at Watts… you have less Watts with lolminer, so you can push the cards higher if you want to see same Mhs

The drop is normal, it is what it should be. ERGO makes lot of Data Set and during Data Set is impossible to mine. So when you see other miner that doesn’t drop during the Dataset that is not a honest Hashrate…

Is anyone having issues with hive where some gpus dont set fan speed , even if auto and static are the same minimum values ?

ive tried the risers from a rig thats been working for a week so im pretty certain its not them.

After a while the card or cards that dont set the fan speed die , then dissappear from the console menu… only after a reboot do they come back.,…

Am i missing some setting in bios or is it software ? i am on the latest hive version …

My Vega 56 achieve 186,2 MH/s but it draws 184 watt. Is it normal? I saw many of it only draws 150-160 watt. How to make it lower? Please help.

This MT: amdmemtweak --CL 21 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 14

I dont think 180 is bad on a gigabyte, that’s not much more than mine pull from the wall. 850 vdd is pretty good for 186 Mh, I only have a couple vegas that can run under 850, even at a lower SOC levels.

Could try mem 847 or 875 and lower vdd,

HotSpot: °C
I’ve had a couple of cards error and reboot with:

> Autofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver error
> teamredminer: GPU 6: detected DEAD

Does anyone know where to start looking regarding the reading HotSpot: xx°C, I can only put it down to this as otherwise I’ve been pretty stable for months, its the same cards that the HotSpot is much higher also crash.

Reply to my own comment;
I think its time to re-apply thermal compound:

1 Like

saw this

"- The most efficient setups makes sure the soc clk stays at a lower
level, and maximizes the mem clk for that level, i.e. sets it to the
soc clk frequency.
"

what is tis SOC CLK means where and how to set it.?

its a bit confusing in Hive since it will not always set to the value you provide but its in the over clocks. Basically I put 860 in there to run at 850 SOC for 847 mem setting, or for 930 or 960 mem both autoset to 960 SOC with nothing in the SOC field

You can run the amd-info command to check what SOC state you are in

1 Like