More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Issue with undervolting RX6800 in HiveOS

Yo, guyz!

HiveOS has an issue with undervolting RX 6800.
I set CC=2000MHz, CV=900mV, but amd-info reports CV=962mV. I set 850mV, but doesn’t matter amd-info reports CV=962mV. I set 800mV, but doesn’t matter amd-info reports CV=962mV…
How to undervolt RX6800 in HiveOS on higher frequencies?

Can you post a screenshot of your workers overview screen?

What is the goal? The issue is just with rig with mix rx6800+rx580.
I can post screen with amd-info and overclock settings.

Easy way to show card type, memory type, settings, drivers, kernels, etc etc.

All RX6800s have only Samsung GDDR6 memory. Latest Hive OS version - 0.6-225@240214. All settings in first post. MC=1 (memory switched off). My question not about memory. I want to figure out how to undervolt core RX6800 in HiveOS on higher frequencies?

Can you provide a screenshot of your workers overview so i can see if anything looks out of place or out of date? Dont need any personal info like account name or ip addresses. Will just save time instead of asking lots of individual questions

I mean uncropped showing all the info

Do you know how to undervolt RX6800 with CC=2000…2300MHz ?
Is it possible? Can you test it on your test Rig?
Try to set CC=2200 and set CV=800mV. Is it apply?

I dont currently have any 6800s, but previously did and had no issue setting core voltage. Can you send a screenshot of your workers overview page? Maybe i can see something out of place (like outdated, incompatible diver, if youre on the latest kernel etc etc).

For example you have 550mv set as your core voltage in your last screenshot, and i can tell you thats out of range and will be ignored.

Can you try setting 1000 core clock and 700mv and send the results of amd-info?

Here is version screen. Nothing outdated, nothing incompatible. No errors. No warnings. There is no useful information on rest of the screen. Just standard HiveOS screen. Trust me.
1000 core clock and 700mv - this undervolting works fine. I ask about higher frequencies undervolt. Do you read my 1st post? I think no…
I set CC=2000MHz, CV=900mV, but amd-info reports CV=962mV. I set 850mV, but doesn’t matter amd-info reports CV=962mV. I set 800mV, but doesn’t matter amd-info reports CV=962mV…
How to undervolt RX6800 in HiveOS on HIGHER frequencies (>2000MHz)?
P.S. 550mV is the only set voltage value at which an actual voltage of 912mV is obtained (amd-info).
P.S.S. It will be difficult for you to help me if you don’t even have a RX6800 test card.
P.S.S.S. Tested on TeamRedMiner 0.10.18 & Lolminer 1.84.

It’s difficult as it’s hard to get info from you to know the starting point. Now after 5+ replies i have the info i asked for in the first reply, so we are making progress. I also now know that undervolting works at lower frequencies instead of not working at all. Im trying to help you solve the issue but with very limited info it’s a guessing game.

Now at what point does the core voltage settings stop applying? Does it work as expected at 1800mhz, 1900mhz, 2000mhz?

When it stops working as you expect it to what happens to the core voltage? Does it automatically go from what you had it set to → to 962mv?

Approx. at 1800-2000 MHz core voltage almost not apply.
Example:
CC=2000 MHz, CV=900mV —> (amd-info) CV=962mV
CC=2000 MHz, CV=850mV —> (amd-info) CV=962mV
CC=2000 MHz, CV=800mV —> (amd-info) CV=962mV

CC=2000 MHz, CV=550mV —> (amd-info) CV=~850mV
CC=2400 MHz, CV=550mV —> (amd-info) CV=912mV
P.S. It would be better to test it on your test card RX6800-RX6900. You will immediately see that undervolting in HiveOS does not work properly. (?Maybe only in mixed rigs RX580+RX6800?)

What about this part?

Also it’s possible that the core start the card is in when core clock is 2000+ wouldnt allow it to run as low of a core voltage as youre trying to run.

1. I press this button изображение
  2. I set CC=2000, CV=800mV, MC=1, MCV=620mV, MV=1250mV, SOC freq=480MHz, SOC vdd=850mV
  3. I press “Apply” button
  4. I wait 30 sec
  5. I run amd-info
  6. amd-info shows that measured CV = 962mV!

Do you know what is the problem or you just guess? In this case, maybe you’d better ask colleagues on your team, who knows?
P.S. RaveOS has no problem with HF undervolting, so the problem seems in HiveOS.
P.S.S. Is it necessary to set any Core State?

I understand what it’s doing as you described in the first post. That’s not what im asking. I am working on ruling out variables so we can figure out the issue, instead of just blindly guessing. But without the info provided one can only guess.

At 1900mhz /800mv everything applies as intended? (No other memory/soc settings)
1950mhz/800mv everything applies as intended? (No other memory/soc settings)
2000mhz/800mv it applies as 2000/962mv? (No other memory/soc settings)

Only CC/CV set, no other settings:

As you see, HiveOS can’t hold 800 mV CV, as necessary.

P.S. Generally, SOC = 480 Mhz is succesfully applied in RaveOS and HiveOS for years, but you pretty sure, that it is lower than acceptable range… :man_facepalming:

Too many words in thread and nothing useful )))
Please post such information:

1. AMD OpenCL version & AMD kernel module version - take it from dashboard
  2. Linux kernel version - take it from dashboard
  3. Result of overclocking - by sending command amd-oc log

1&2.

3. Amd-oc log result (only CC=2000MHz/CV=800mV set, no other settings):

amd-info:
изображение
TRM 0.10.18:

Sapphire Nitro ?