More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOn Pool down?

Yeah I see that… but now in etherscan.io have 22/30 gwei.
I try to set with this:
When the 0.5 ETH comes and If the gwei is too low, I just adjust the gwie. I’ll give it a try.
Thank you very much… For me it’s too late … we’ll see what happens
Again thanks !!!

1 Like

Am I the only one that finds it alarming there is only 40 posts here by the same 20 people and none are posts by them

1 Like

I wasn’t sticking around any longer to find out what’s going on. This company sucks and is obviously ran by grifting megalomaniacs.

Seems just like hiveos have a problem to fetch data from hiveon pool.

Don’t worry, miner still working fine.

You can check on https://hiveon.net/eth?miner=_your_eth_wallet_public_address

Or just visit the hiveon.net and paste whatever public address you want and there will be a stats that are missing on hiveos right now.

Until an official post and explanation is made on twitter or somewhere else, I don’t think being able to intermittently view my data is of any use.

Ciao ragazzi volevo smentire il ragazzo che diceva che ethermine è il pool migliore.
Questo non è vero proprio per niente!!! A mio modesto parere è quello che ruba piu di tutti!
Per la mia esperienza e per gli anni che sono dentro tutto questo il miglior pool e sparkpool in primis perchè usa i pagamenti in PPS+ e se ci perdete un pò di tempo e te di calcoli vedrete che ad oggi e il più onesto. Per quel che riguarda ethermine un pool che usa PPLNS con tutta quella potenza d calcolo dovrebbe pagare molto di piu i minatori della formula PPS+…Ma se fate i compiti a casa vedrete che non è così… Quindi se avete qualche dubbio sul pool Hiveon vi consiglio sparkpool.

https://www.miningpoolsprofits.com/

I also mine at the Hiveon pool (ETH - MiniZ) and I noticed something unusual. Namely, every morning between 01:45 and 02:00 AM my rig stops mining. Mining resumes as a rule at 2:00 AM as if nothing had happened.

1 Like

Do you have dhcp set on the network?
Usually routers renew lease after 24 hours.
Using static ip solve the problem.

Yeah me too, but got to wait until min payout as I am over half way but have noticed dramatic decrease in shares.

Eco, ma per me tutte il pools rubare a tutti ! È impossibile, avere uno decente… ciò che resta è ottenere quello più onesto!

1 Like

They are definitely having dns issues as my share submission is anywhere from 28ms to 1377ms+.

--------------20210823 01:27:20 --------------
Mining at eu-eth.hiveon.net:4444, diff: 1.25 G
GPU #0: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER - 43.97 MH/s, [T:48C, P:124W, F:60%, E:355kH/W], 7545/7549 R:0.05%
Shares/min: 2.992 (Avr. 2.029)
Uptime: 2 days 13 hours 59 mins 23 secs | Algo: ethash | T-Rex v0.21.6

20210823 01:27:23 [ OK ] 7546/7550 - 43.97 MH/s, 39ms … GPU #0

--------------20210823 01:27:50 --------------
GPU #0: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER - 43.97 MH/s, [T:48C, P:124W, F:60%, E:355kH/W], 7546/7550 R:0.05%
Shares/min: 2.897 (Avr. 2.029)
Uptime: 2 days 13 hours 59 mins 53 secs | Algo: ethash | T-Rex v0.21.6

--------------20210823 01:28:20 --------------
GPU #0: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER - 43.97 MH/s, [T:48C, P:124W, F:60%, E:355kH/W], 7546/7550 R:0.05%
Shares/min: 2.897 (Avr. 2.029)
Uptime: 2 days 14 hours 23 secs | Algo: ethash | T-Rex v0.21.6

20210823 01:28:37 [ OK ] 7547/7551 - 43.97 MH/s, 2142ms … GPU #0

--------------20210823 01:28:50 --------------
GPU #0: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER - 43.97 MH/s, [T:48C, P:124W, F:60%, E:355kH/W], 7547/7551 R:0.05%
Shares/min: 2.775 (Avr. 2.028)
Uptime: 2 days 14 hours 53 secs | Algo: ethash | T-Rex v0.21.6

20210823 01:29:06 [ OK ] 7548/7552 - 43.97 MH/s, 3786ms … GPU #0
20210823 01:29:17 [ OK ] 7549/7553 - 43.97 MH/s, 3206ms … GPU #0

1 Like

Things on HIVEOS going worst!

Even I had a constant hashrate over 200, they report MUCH LESS!
After that, INVALID SAHARES appeared!!!
Not good at all!

1 Like

yup same I’ts all down to there internal DNS issue’s proven by sending ping’s to the servers. which are all over the place last night I got over 280ms for eth.hiveon.net and 15ms on eu-eth.hiveon.net, but this morning they have all dropped back down.

Only change on my internal network is last nights results were taken on a quiet network (only me using it) and this mornings results kids are up so everybody is connected and using youtube on several devices.

1 Like

Hiveos: RIGS keep 206 hash.

Hiveon report DIFFERENT: image

That’s really BULLSHIT!!!

1 Like

I have 2 identical rigs on ethermine and hiveon from weeks , and i confirm that the payout difference is 9% , so ethermine is far better that hiveon, this is sure .(i have a third on binance and is same as hiveon)
Also this problem in stats it translated in loss of mining , they sayd “mining is not affected” , but i can confiem that for all my rigs i got no money for all that time , if i look at stats visa hiveon it seems all normal , but it isnt , the money are missing , i repeat , if i had not XLS stats in these weeks i never noticed …
this is very bad , i can confirm that ETHERMINE is by far the best pool , not only for payout amount, but cause they never has problems or even stats errors …

2 Likes

Agreed. I lost income on my rig as well. They lied about mining not being affected, and to make it worse they didn’t announce any “upgrades” beforehand and didn’t warn anybody. Also, I reached out to chat support yesterday to ask what was upgraded and I couldn’t get an answer directly from them. This company is very suspicious. They had a lock on DNS server settings and had a hardcoded DNS server that had a redirect address 127.0.1.2 or something like that. I battled with support about that for several days and asked what’s this redirect going to and I was never given an answer. All of a sudden, the hardcoded DNS was “fixed” quietly and wasn’t even mentioned in the changelog. I can’t trust this company enough to mine on their pool. I can imagine they’re making tons of money redirecting and misreporting hashpower.

2 Likes

You are right 100% , i Love HIVE OS , but you cannot claim “free pool” while you steal 8/10% of the hash power !
Now i understand why big farmers goes with hiveos but do not mine in their pool …
To be fair i have to tell that also BINANCE POOL is giving more or less same as HIVEON , it seems that ethermine is on another level …
Also i tried DUAL mining on shardpool , ETH on Ethermine (via their proxy ) and ZIL on shardpool , and agai nthere is a 10% loss … so they claim " you will get 3/4% of ZIL fro free!" but in the meanwhile you are loosing 10% of ETH …

I also appreciate that HIVE people do not close the undesired topics and let us talk freely !

1 Like

I confirm that the mining incomes from the “dead statistics period” was added yesterday , so it seems that nothing was lost … still stays the 10% difference with ethermine, but important is that we didnt loose that day , they should have make some calculations and added manually i think …

Yeah…they say that their infrastructure upgrades doesn’t affect mining but it most certainly affects mining.

Here is console output just now:

20210824 20:34:07 Using protocol: stratum1.
20210824 20:34:07 Authorizing...
20210824 20:34:07 WARN: failed to ethproxy-subscribe on naw-eth.hiveon.net:24443: can't parse json:
* Line 1, Column 1
  Syntax error: value, object or array expected.

20210824 20:34:07 ERROR: No connection, retry after 10 seconds

It’s too bad that ethermine makes the miners pay the transaction fees for payouts because you can lose quite a lot as a result of that.

I think that my initial tests with ethermine post EIP-1559, I was paying like 50 Gwei for the payout.

That was crazy!

The good news is that HiveOn still pays the transaction fees when you have a payout. If you look on Etherscan for your payout transaction ID, it is still listed as transaction type 0 (legacy), so Hiveon, I think only pays like 1 Gwei transaction fee for that.

With ethermine, because you pay the transaction fee, therefore; you can get paid any time you exceed the payout threshold (which HiveOn only pays, once a day, at their specified time), but the transaction fee can eat into your profits by quite a significant margin.

I think that it’s up to each person to decide for themselves.

Subjectively, I’ve found that if you have a bigger farm, and your payout threshold (or how long you wait and/or are willing to wait before taking a payment is longer than most), then ethermine tends to work better because then you can get a larger payout, all at once, with one transaction fee.

But, I think that if you are a smaller miner, and/or that you don’t want to nor need to be paid out when you want to be paid out (i.e. you are ok with HiveOn’s payout time table/schedule), then HiveOn paying the transaction fee for you still might still be worth it).

These are just some subjective observations I’ve been able to loosely figure out with minimal arithmetic to show the calculations behind it.

(I ran this set of calculations for myself to try and figure out which was a better deal when EIP-1559 kicked in.)

YMMV.

re: getting back on topic - the issue that I am seeing
If I just reboot my system, it seems to connect back up to the pool without any issues.

I’m not sure why the system is complaining about it can’t read the JSON file when it was working fine when the system started up, and for hours on end, until it just suddenly stops working.

No idea why.

2 Likes