More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU driver error, no temps (Auto fan disabled)

Hi cmrho!

Pls could you or somewho else explain in simple steps how to do, especially point 1 and 3.
Pls do this in an easy way for newbies! Thank you very much!

I’m using HiveOS in current version and Biostar BTC-360 Pro.
1x 3070, 1x 3080, 3x 5700 XT

THX KR MMH

1 Like

Hi MinerMH, there are good guides from HiveOS on their Knowledgebase:

Point 1: https://hiveos.farm/guides-driver_upd/ at the end its explained.
Point 2: Click on the Power Button then select Reboot
Point 3: Use Hive-Shell: https://hiveos.farm/guides-hshell/ then https://hiveos.farm/guides-driver_upd/

Link to Knowledgebase: https://hiveos.farm/knowledge-base/

Greatings
ReScUe

1 Like

THX for your answer!

In the meantime I could fix this issue by lowering the OC at the RTX 3080.
Maybe OC too high this is one of the most made failure! (maybe)

Also AutoFan works properly now since then…

KR MMH

1 Like

Hei,
Jeah thats the other Point of Failure.
For me it didnt fix the Problem…

But nice that it works for you :slight_smile:

Have a great Day!

Greatings
ReScUe

This is still an issue, its too bad that Hive dont fix this…

Well in my case issue was not in hive os at all.
i figured out that my USB connected to riser is actually not plugged well. I changed USB cable, and no more this issue for me.

1 Like

How to fix it

In my case i found out what caused this problem - power supply!
First I tought it is riser USB cable, but after 12 hours i got same error.
I have corsair 1200w, 1050 TI, 3070, 3060TI and 2x 3080. When i touched it - it was so hot.
It is too much GPUs for 1200 W power supply.
I added one more power, switch 3080 and 3070 to it and now everything works perfect for 3 days.

1 Like

hocam bende 1 adet suprim x 3080 var bende aynı hatayı alıyorum çözüm bulamadım 99.5 ile phonexminerde kazım yapıyorum daha önce trex de kazım yaparken gene aynı hatayı alıyordum bir türlü çözüm bulamadım

1 Like

bendede aynı sorun var msi suprim x 3080 99.5 mh ile kazım yapıyorum aynı hatayı alıyorum sistem otomatik yeniden başlatıyor ve havuzdan düşüyor nerdeyse 2 güne bir oluyor

1 Like

I had the same problem.(ERGO, 2miners, t-rex / rig:3060ti,3070ti, 3080)
I solved it by:

1. Downgrade hiveos.
  2. Downgrade nvidia drivers to stable version.
  3. Many tries to set good OC.
2 Likes

After I changed the risers, thess problems (not showing temp / fan / power intake) has gone. Maybe, I’ll consider changing the power input choices (6-pin to SATA at the bottom / at the side / MOLEX) for those risers later. Moreover, make sure you plug CPU cable modified with 2-tail 8-pin PCIe to power the graphic card into the CPU port on the power supply unit, not the peripheral ports.

This is working thank you dude

I’ve been stressing out about this for a couple weeks and finally found a fix for my situation. I was getting this GPU driver error no temps on my 3080 Dell 10GB GPUs. This is what I did and have been able to runs my rig for over 24 hours without any errors or issues.

Fix:
• Delete current worker
• Create new worker
• Download the new rig.conf file and replace that with your current in your USB drive
• Put USB drive back in
• Turn rig back on
• Once everything reboots, go back to the overclock settings and change everything to a moderate OC setting. (mine are -200 core clock, 1800 memory, 220 PL, 75% fan)
That seamed to work for me. I have 6 3080 GPU on this rig and average over 90 mh per GPU. Hope this helps

1 Like

can you delete all overclock settings and try to run

i’ve got rx470 and recently added 3060ti’s to make the switch to newer cards.
Had same problem, first updated bios en drivers manually. then 1st card worked. Now i got my second card 3060ti and added it. it gave the gpu drivers error again. tried everything but nothing worked. now i have the b250mining motherboard and i know it is devided into 3 sections for current.
first i had the 2 3060ti’s in same lane, same current zone. then i seperated them to different lane/ current zone from board and its working fine now. first it didn’t run for 10 minutes without error, now it’s already up for 2 weeks without error

Solution i found.
Make sure your power adapters( sata, moles or spliters) dont overpass their power limit.
Better to use 6 pin conector to power everything each of the gpu, you got to calculate you outage power for what your oc are.

Thank you, this worked for me

1 Like

Thank you so much!

It`s working here xD

soruna çözüm bulamadıysan mesaj atabilirsin