More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU driver error, no temps (Auto fan disabled)

Hi,

thy for the Update. I will try it later.
I did start a new rig with two new 1060 Cards.
Same Problem from scratch nothing changed (Complete new rig…)
Mining now without OC only with Powerlimit.

I will try your tests on this system. If it works i will attach some screenshots.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What make are your 1060s? I’m running only one 1060 it’s a MSI GTX 1060 6GB (Samsung Memory) with an OC of -

Core: 150 / Mem: 1750 / PL: 100 / Fan:55

It currently runs 24.9 - 25.08MHs with a Temp of 51-53° but it would seem cards can vary massively.

Let.me know how you get on :+1:

1 Like

Hy everyone!

Same problem whit my old R9 390 8gb. near 2 mounth working fine, but last night the rig shut down whit “Gpu Driver error no temps” error message,

After a restart the next error message is Cpu temperature is too high “511 Celsius” and rebooting a rig.
I try change riser, change psu,upgrade and downgrade miner version.refress hive os change and delete oc settings change miner at least i put in my test rig.

No change.

Any idea somebody?

1 Like

Same. My rig (3080s) has been stable for weeks and suddenly I’m having this recurring “Gpu driver error, no temps” error. I’ve replugged all psu connections, risers, switched from trex to gminer, lowered oc’s. Currently at a loss, any suggestions would be very welcome.

mantaboy, I seem to have gotten around the issue by rolling my gpu drivers back. I’m using an nvidia card but you can give that a shot.

1 Like

Thx i wil try it in the weekend. :+1:

1 Like

What driver did you use? I tried different ones nothing changed.

OC:
Core: 150
MEM 1000 PL 75
21.92 MHs at 74 Watts

I’m using a 3080 so nvidia drivers and I’m on hiveos so linux. I used 460.73.01 and I’ve been good since Wednesday night.

1 Like

What os version do you use?

1 Like

I’m on 0.6-203@210519. My driver rollback hasn’t been perfect, my rig did reset yesterday. I can’t be certain what the issue is. My rig reset during the hottest part of the day but my core temps never get above low 50°s so I’m not sure if heat is the culprit. I’ve lowered oc’s considerably and still gotten this error so I’m not sure my oc is the issue either. I will say my rig has been more stable when mining on octopus algo vs ethash so maybe ethash is having some affect? I’m really not sure.

Mine reset also, around 16 hours miner running. Checked logs, miner don’t show any error. I’m thinking reflashing my os to earlier version.

Same problem for me… really think about a hiveos issue…

Tested now few things:

Test Rig: 2 Cards
→ Changed Only mem clock. Works for now.

1060 Rig with 6 Cards:
→ Changed mem settings to same Value (1000)
Cant set fan speed → Phoenixminer reboot

The weirdest thing about it?
The error does not come because an overclocked card. Its coming because of an Stock Card with only Powerlimit (wich worked 3 Weeks long without an issue).
After changing the Settings of the other Cards its not working anymore → Now after an reboot an other card has the failure now its one of the oc cards.

I dont know whats wrong tbh. Running in circles.

Greatings.

1 Like

how to know wich driver is the stable one for my rig i have 2x3080 and 4x3070

Hi ReScUe!
What di you mean exactly with “ppu-find”?
Can you explain it a bit more how this works?

Have HiveOS current version.

And also having this troubles with GPU Driver error, frequently between 16h and 2h uptime.
Got any solution in this problem?

THX KR MMH

Hei,

you can use command gpu-fans-find to find the faulty GPU with his ID.
If its GPU 1 you could use gpu-fans-find 1 to find the specific GPU in your RIG.

Fans of this GPU will spinn up - thats how you find it.
Then you could check your riser → Use an other one. Maybe its working.

I didnt find a solution, only a workaround wich is working for some of my GPUS:
If im only setting mem clock and not core its working. (But only for some…)

One of my Rigs worked fine, after reboot same failure. Could not find something so its running without OCs…

Hope i could help you a bit.

Greatings
ReScUe

2 Likes

Hi Greenhadouken!

I’m having this failure sometimes 1/hour, sometimes 1/12 hours.
Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thanks a lot!
KR MMZ

1 Like

Hi cmrho!

Pls could you or somewho else explain in simple steps how to do, especially point 1 and 3.
Pls do this in an easy way for newbies! Thank you very much!

I’m using HiveOS in current version and Biostar BTC-360 Pro.
1x 3070, 1x 3080, 3x 5700 XT

THX KR MMH

1 Like

Hi MinerMH, there are good guides from HiveOS on their Knowledgebase:

Point 1: https://hiveos.farm/guides-driver_upd/ at the end its explained.
Point 2: Click on the Power Button then select Reboot
Point 3: Use Hive-Shell: https://hiveos.farm/guides-hshell/ then https://hiveos.farm/guides-driver_upd/

Link to Knowledgebase: https://hiveos.farm/knowledge-base/

Greatings
ReScUe

1 Like