More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Extremely high wattage usage at the wall compared to hiveos. ANY help?

So i have a 5 card rig…
RX 6800 × 2
RTX 3060 Ti LHR × 1·
GTX 1660s × 1·
RX 5700 × 1

i have everything overclocked and running stable and supposly effeciently.

in hiveos its giving me a consumption of around 490 watts. but at the wall its giving me around 1310 watts.

im running 2 psu’s.
1000 watts hummer 80 % and a 750 watts hummer 80%.
And yes im perfectly aware that hiveos ussually never has correct consumption but the numbers on end are way off.
Anyhelp would be appreciated.

UPDATE: using 1 single hummer 1000 watt psu 80%

No Gpu’s On: 65 watts

1 GPU: 305 watts
1 3060ti lhr

3 GPUS: 905 watts
1 3060ti lhr
2 6800

You have to consider multiple factors:

• your hardware out of GPUs pulls power
  • your double PSU pulls power and is affected to the efficiency
  • usually AMD gpus watts are underestimated on hiveos, which means the “reported” is lower than real, by a lot usually.

I even see your overclocks are not optimal as common settings, getting less MH you could achieve

1 Like

Miners/Hiveos are not accurate at all, you may start filling these worker settings first
Screenshot 2022-01-26 103007
Meter the amount of watts that your hardware uses without GPUs and set the PSU efficiency.
Still will not be accurate but may help a bit

1 Like

my hardware out of the gpu? are you referring to the risers?
i would use only my 1000 but im scared it wont be enough. the cards i have arent supposed to consume so much. i understand hiveos doesnt have exact numbers but mine are more then double. never happened to me. ive had a rig in the past with 2 psus and would give me about 300 watts more on the wall.

Power supply efficiency is a factor 10-35%. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum efficiency ratings mean something.

As folks shared: GPUs report a portion of the total consumption to HiveOS. Use the tools shared to gain a more accurate value.

During testing this rig was pulling just under 1.6kW at the wall with 85% efficiency PSUs, under “reporting” 600W and the motherboard/CPU/RAM pull <75W:

1 Like

I mean your motherboard, cpu, ram…to understand and correct estimate your hardware power consumption you should remove ALL your GPUs, turn the rig on, note down watts pulled from your hardware
Consider that your double PSU increase power usage because 2 ATX psu pull more watt because of efficency than a single server PSU.

And overall, you can optimize a lot your overclocks to lower power consumption

ive tried it and would give me numbers of 2kw in hiveos.

i think my overclocks are saving me already alot of watts without losing MH. do you recomend dropping more. how so? thanks for the help guys!!

roughly how much is each 470 consuming at the wall?

To use the “Hardware power consumption, watts” entry:
Wall measurement - reported to HiveOS = entry value

At this stage of build, this the rig under report value:

Producing this:

Upgrade your kernel to latest stable version. The version you are running is not optimal for RX6800’s. This is 22 days since January maintenance interval on latest stable kernel with accurate power representation:

Instructions for kernel update:

well, both 6800 can does 1-2 mh more, 1660 super can do 35-36 mh, 5700 xt can does 55 mh, in total you get at least 11 mh more

correct but i will consume more power to achieve those values. right?

without gpu’s im getting 65 watts. after i put my 3060 ti in its goes to 305 at the wall.
so my 3060 ti lhr is consuming 240 watts at the wall. only powered by 1 psu but both are on and raided.
im finding these numbers abnormal if you ask me.

It depends actually, not all the times
For example, on 6800 you are able to reduce power consumption, my 6800xt mine at 62.1 at 100w, and 6800 NON-xt should pulls a little watts less.
Even for the 5700xt, the correct downvolt keep the power low but the hashrate high

on 3060ti you should use power limit about at 130-140w, try to set it now

doing that now. thanks

done. in hiveos says its consuming 111 watts. at the wall its consuming 240 watts.
finished updating kernel and everything still the same.

Much better

how is it better. same power consumption at the wall. 240 watts for a 3060 ti is way to much.
keep in mind the total power rig consumption is 305 watts. 65 watts motherboard and psus