More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

eVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming - does not exceed 60 MH/s

You might have to take the card apart and look at the chip. If it has this part number
GA102-200
then you are good and it’s something with your config or otherwise. But if you end up with this partner number
GA102-202
Then you’ve got an LHR card and you better find a gamer with an older 3080 that wants to trade. The new LHR is baked into the silicon and it might be a while before someone is able to crack it…IF they can crack it.

You can only find this information by looking ON the gpu chip itself, under the heatsink and thermal paste

Hi JustAGuy,
Thank you for your answer, tomorrow Sunday I will disarm it and upload photos, I hope I do not find a GA102-202 …

Regards,
David.

1 Like

Look at the model number on the box. If the last 2 letters are KL, then it’s light hash rate.

Rick

How did it go?

Where did you learn this? I was under the impression that only the chip could tell you it’s secrets

If the model number ends for KL that means its LHR version only for EVGA. a screenshot of the email from EVGA in shared from facebook group

Ref: Ethereum Mining : Just got this email from EVGA the other day in regards to some 3070 FTW3’s I signed up to wait for.🙄

Got it. I didn’t realize that the third party sellers were doing that. I’ve seen that it’s not enforced to have to do something like that, good on EVGA

Hi rkwjunior,

If what you say is correct … I’m fucked… My number is P/N 10G-P5-3885-KR

Regards,
David.

Hi Raz,

Do you know if the evga manufacturer only labels their LHR cards with KL or also KR?

Regards,
David.

Its KL. Im gonna edit my post.

Read the attachment above. LHR is “KL”

By your part number seems like yours is not LHR

Hi Guys,
I have finally had time to disassemble my RTX3080 card, I am sorry for the delay, those with a wife and children will understand me.
I had a pleasant surprise, the chip on my card is a GA102-200-KC-A1 … it is not LHR.

I suspect that it has to be a refrigeration issue, by testing I do not lose anything.
Can someone send me an online store where they sell heatsinks for the RTX3080?

Thanks to all for the help.
Regards.

Heatsinks? Not sure. Most just put in new thermal pads.
Or you can get the evga hybrid cooling kit, if its an evga xc3 or ftw3 ultra.

Hi rjwjunior,
Thanks for answering, yes, indeed I was referring to thermal pads, I don’t think I will find a better heatsink than the original on the card, only if I put a hydro system.
Does anyone have a trusted online store to buy thermal pads?

Regards.

I think most get them from Amazon

Hi David_ibz
I have the same problem as you, did you solve it?

hı 3885-KB LHR or not LHR

If it`s not LHR, than you have to cool it more.
One of my 3080 thortles a lot.
At 40C goes 90, 42C goes to 80, at 45 70mhash etc.

Only way to make it better is to change thermal pads on memory.
Check thickness of them, buy new and change.
Pick those with lower thgermal resistance - like 15w/m2 or so.