More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

eVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming - does not exceed 60 MH/s

Hi rkwjunior,

If what you say is correct … I’m fucked… My number is P/N 10G-P5-3885-KR

Regards,
David.

Hi Raz,

Do you know if the evga manufacturer only labels their LHR cards with KL or also KR?

Regards,
David.

Its KL. Im gonna edit my post.

Read the attachment above. LHR is “KL”

By your part number seems like yours is not LHR

Hi Guys,
I have finally had time to disassemble my RTX3080 card, I am sorry for the delay, those with a wife and children will understand me.
I had a pleasant surprise, the chip on my card is a GA102-200-KC-A1 … it is not LHR.

I suspect that it has to be a refrigeration issue, by testing I do not lose anything.
Can someone send me an online store where they sell heatsinks for the RTX3080?

Thanks to all for the help.
Regards.

Heatsinks? Not sure. Most just put in new thermal pads.
Or you can get the evga hybrid cooling kit, if its an evga xc3 or ftw3 ultra.

Hi rjwjunior,
Thanks for answering, yes, indeed I was referring to thermal pads, I don’t think I will find a better heatsink than the original on the card, only if I put a hydro system.
Does anyone have a trusted online store to buy thermal pads?

Regards.

I think most get them from Amazon

Hi David_ibz
I have the same problem as you, did you solve it?

hı 3885-KB LHR or not LHR

If it`s not LHR, than you have to cool it more.
One of my 3080 thortles a lot.
At 40C goes 90, 42C goes to 80, at 45 70mhash etc.

Only way to make it better is to change thermal pads on memory.
Check thickness of them, buy new and change.
Pick those with lower thgermal resistance - like 15w/m2 or so.

KB cards are non-LHR. Only the KL cards are LHR versions

Since you do not have the LHR version, as others mentioned, the reason you are getting a low hashrate is because of throttling due to the memory overheating. My EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra throttles if the ambient temperature is too high (windows closed) or if the fan is running slowly. I am running Windows so GPU-Z shows that the memory temp is 110 degrees celsius when the card throttles.

There are several solutions to this issue:

1. Increase fan speed. Might not help much as the memory may not have good contact with the cooler anyway.

2. Replace memory thermal pads. This will probably help if the original pads are worn or improperly mounted

3. Replace thermal pads with copper shims. Have a look at this video for guidance. Big effect and cheaper than buying new thermal pads.

4. Water cooling. Costly, but very efficient if you get a water block that covers the memory.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.