More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Dynex on Polaris

All of this interesting. Indeed G4400 is 8 years old, and was clearly un underperformer when born

Problem is that DNX is most profitable coin since the last new crash and I am not going to invest for a unique coin, that is somehow stillf controversed

Thanks for explanantion, gonna wait for a more mature miner that may discharge CPU load or evebly quite DNX mining

1 Like

to make it worse, seems that hardly any cpu is able to mine at full speed on a 3090

That’s interesting.

:thinking: Wondering if Keaton has tried on one of his ThreadRipper grade systems :slight_smile:

1 Like

As 2.2.1 is out

221h/s flew away …
184h/s now :confused: 20% off

DNX worth it in summer when 40°C will be outdoor

you can use 2.2.0 if that works better for you

Seeing my firt topic, 2.2.0 leads me to 221h/s with ~12% CPU Load, which sounds to be way too high

If I check my poolhashrate with 2.2.0, I have 30% less than expected

Moreover, who’s getting full hashrate ? If so what CPU involved ? feel free to post

can you please do a threadripper build keaton XD

1 Like

I’ve got a TR 3990x but no gpus on that system at the moment

1 Like

2.2.2 is out which allows you to reduce the cpu use for nvidia cards.

me :grin:
on 2.2.1, but only have to have 2 gpu on dnx

put a 4090 on it. just wondering what happens to cpu load with powerful gpus also why on earth do you have a 64 core cpu (just wondering hahahah)

2.2.2, best I can reach with 3 cards on CPU, slight progress

Had 2 4090s on it originally but one of the rails died on the evga psu and caused the other 8 pins to melt. Need to rma that first. I use it for cpu mining mainly, it’s still making 3-4 bucks a day

1 Like

Hadn’t thought about befoe. I have my psu as multi-rail. Guess I should change them to single rail, since several cards have more than one connector. Nothing as crazy as the 40 series.

Yeah since the grounds were still connected in the 8 pins they thought they still had all 4 cables plugged in, allowing it to continue pulling ~450w between the 2 8 pin pcie and eventually just melted.

rip 4090’s. what are you mining on your tr? i still cant imagine having 64 cores, since my main pc has 2 lol. still runs ark max graphics so thats a plus

4090s we’re fine, just grabbed some replacement 12vhpwr braided cables on Amazon for 25 ish each. Mainly dero on the threadripper. It’s equivalent to about 5x 3900x there.

1 Like

good. glad they were ok haha. Dang thats alot of power in one cpu lol. wonder what the hashrate of one of amds 9654 epyc genoa chips would do

They usually scale per core by generation, my zen 4 7000s get roughly 1.3kh per core so I’d imagine 96 x1.3 = 124kh, so a hair over double my 56kh 3990x lol. That’s roughly $8.71/day at current rates.

dang! $8.71 a day shheesh. although for that price you could be up with like 2 s19xp’s lol

20x the power draw though lol