More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Are these the right temps?

Gpus are running at 40 degree c. Is that accurate? I have a hydroponic tent set up outside and it stays fairly cool. When researching temperature safety charts it says that 40 degrees c means idling

what setting did you use for FAN setup? 100% is not good to run the fans for long.

1 Like

@rkulov What fan setting do you recommend. 80% ? I have 2 6in ac infinity fans in the tent.

I think that they need to be around 80

Set your auto fan setpoint to 50c and put fan speed to 0. Hive will automatically maintain 50c, you dont want ur fans at 100% all the time.
For over clocks on 3080 use
1060 absolute core
2300 memory
0 power limit. Youll probably save 10 watts per 3080.
And thank me later…lol

@rkwjunior you are a legend. Thanks man I forgot about the absolute core feature on hive os.

Do that fan thing too. That will keep watts down as low as possible. High fan speeds raise your watts.
Let me know how she runs.

@rkwjunior can you elaborate on the part where you told me to set fans to 50c. Is that the auto fan feature? If so do I just set both target core temps and mem temp to 50c? What about max and min fan speed.

Yes, Auto fan. Nvidia only has core temps. Ignore the other temps. Just core.
Also choose “not Amd”
Min 25
Max 100
50c setpoint

@rkwjunior

Cards are running higher wattage

You didnt change absolute core to 1060

Dont use 0 power limit unless you have absolute core settings applied. Absolute core controls power limit

Set your auto fan setpoint to 50c and put fan speed to 0. Hive will automatically maintain 50c, you dont want ur fans at 100% all the time.
For over clocks on 3080 use
1060 absolute core
2300 memory
0 power limit. Youll probably save 10 watts per 3080.
And thank me later…lol

@rkwjunior this is beautiful

Id still drop ur memory to 2300 or less. 1MH isnt worth killing ur GPU.
Im actually at 2275 mem and 99.4 Mh 215 watts

@rkwjunior done, thanks so much for your help.

No problem. Let her run, she’ll settle out nicely
How much power did you drop?

@rkwjunior went from 1.175kw to 1.122 kw

Saving money, more profits!!!
Good luck

1 Like

Hi rkwjunior
May be you have a solution for my problem !!! I have a fall of hashrate after adding a new GPU ? Cannot figure out was it the problem: new risers installed, GPU swaped on risers, … : still have the problem on 2 cards since I added a GPU. If I remove the new card, there is no problem.