More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD FirePro W7100 8GB. .... Hidden GEM 42MH

I got two 3070s at retail so 2 amd firepro wd7100s fooooor sale! Hmu. :wink: Gotta say messing with these puppies make me feel like a seasoned hiveos vet. Lol

has anyone figured out how to undervolt these bios?
I’m able to get 21.5-22 stable from my w7100. These are my settings, but it seems like the processor is the limit, not the memory, the load is only 72% on mem using amd-info.

I am getting anywhere from 21-32mhs at ~70w depending on my kernel and driver version.
Still trying to figure out how to undervolt with bios hex editing. If anyone has experience with the bios on these tonga gpus some input for voltage settings would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. My goal is to set the bios to default to the lowest voltage settings for core and vram. I can use corectrl on ubuntu but in HIVEOS the undervolt settings don’t stick. (tonga bios reader does not display the correct values for my cards)

Nevermind I figured it out.

My W1700 with r9 cooler, the best cooler for 15$ keep my temp under 50 degrees.
53.56 mh and 43 degrees.

1 Like

where’d you get the cooler? Also, the only miner I’ve seen correctly report the W7100 hashrate is tearmredminer, so you’re likely 1/2 what that is showing unless you are using TRM already.

Cooler from Radeon R9 290 .
The gpu very stable on 54 mh with phoenixminer .
i try 900clock and 1720 mem - up to 56 mh but after 2 h crash.

1 Like

I Flashed your bios file but after that vram report in hiveos is over 1000000gb of vram @@ can’t mine anymore

I’m not trying to be a downer here, but look at the shares, your W7100 is much closer to the 1060 than the vega card. From my experience Phoenix miner reports about 2-2.2x actual hashrate on the W7100s, that’s why I use Teamredminer for my w7100s.

Cards 0 and 2 are my W7100s

Hey guys, brand new to HIVE but have been reading a lot. Recently bought one of these W7100’s to pair with my GTX 1070 for a little bit more hash. Been trying to use HIVE VBIOS feature to flash the W7100 and I keep getting flash failures. When I use Mike’s dell rom, I get the error “Newer ROM version already programmed”. When I use the ATI version I get:

Old SSID: 030C
New SSID: 030C
Old P/N: 113-C7670300-102
New P/N: 113-C7670100-102
P/N mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

I’m sure I’m just a noob and am missing something. I looked at the numbers in Tonga (current bios vs. Mike’s roms) and my factory bios name is 113-C7670300-102, Mikes dell is 113-C7670400-102, and the amd version is 113-C7670100-102. So to my untrained eye I see the 300 is different than the 400 or the 100, but I still don’t know why I’m getting the flashing failure. Only other thing I see is my factory rom power table is different 0xA62C. Mike’s is 0xA628, but this is where you lose me entirely on bios flashing…

I tried stopping mining, no dice, I tried during mining, same failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’m getting ~13 Mh/s with the factory rom and would like to push it as high as possible of course :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!

I also bought one of these cards when I started mining just because I got it cheap. On hive using phoenix it reports that it is getting the same as my rx580s but the accepted shares over the same period is almost half and runs super hot. It has been replaced.

My opinion is that while a bios may help, the card’s aquiles heal is heat, replace the fan/heat sink with anything better that you can find, then you’ll be good. See my posts above. I’m using a more/less stock bios at this point with the proper speeds and am getting this:

I couldn’t find any better heatsink/fan at a better price than this one, others have used R9 one with good results. The one I got as you can see is keeping my cards in below 65c at all times, 59 is because this is a morning temp and my windows are open all night to cool things off. Also, the only miner I’ve found that properly reports hashrate for these is TRM. My 2 cards have different memory, I think that’s the main difference in hashrate. The bottom one is solid at 22.7, the other bounces between 20.5 and 22.5 hovering in the 21-21.5 range.

I sold off a bunch of mid-range cards I had laying around just as prices were skyrocketing. :laughing: made a good amount but no where near what I’d get now.

I’d never done any mining but I was getting to the point that I needed something more than the entry-level cards I kept from Dell and HP systems.

I wanted to grab an AMD card to put together a Hackintosh. I got what still seems like a very good deal on a w9100 ($300) though I now realize I needed a wx9100 which I never would pay for at current prices.

Where are people finding the compute cards like the s9150 other than eBay?

I’ve been buy and selling small individual items (not bulk pallets of laptops or anything) for a long time. I mostly buy and resell on eBay but I’ve gotten some fantastic deals on more unusual hardware at government and university surplus auctions.

Unfortunately even those organizations seem to be turning to eBay these days.

Any hints on where to look?

Hunting for deals is half the fun :smiley:

Did anyone ever get a good bios or overclock settings for the w8100. It seems like no matter what I do it just won’t improve. I feel like this card could do quite a bit more than what it is, i’m getting 23.7mh/s, I tested it against my rx580 and it gets roughly the same amount of shares, I think it can do better but i’m not sure how to go about getting it there.

Few days of testing, I’ve mining ergo with this card

I installed two of these cards. The fans were dead and I didn’t have luck getting them replaced so I went with these fans (Amazon.com). I had to cut the opening in the plastic a little larger, and they are kind of thick (they turn this into a three slot card). I used a PCIe extender to mount the card horizontally over the CPU. I set up the CPU to mine RYO.

I know this is a year later, but how tf did you manage to flash the thing? I’ve got a Mi25, i’ve tried every version of every tool under the sun, via DOS, Windows, UEFI, Linux. Any input would be appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.