More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD FirePro W7100 8GB. .... Hidden GEM 42MH

This should be the one, this was in windows rather than HiveOS. Hive wouldnt apply the AMD memory tweak and could only get to 23.5 MHs

Also, this will make your card run hot, and it’s a power hog… still need to get around to tweaking the voltage for this one.

Been following this thread a while, thanks all.

I have a small fleet of these and last night I was modding bios again and was able to reach what I think is a good enough point to share with others. Some of my gpus wouldn’t do 800mhz @ 900mv and others wouldn’t do 1525mhz… so 785 @ 900mv and 1500 it is.

I recommend teamredminer over phoenixminer, it reports an accurate hashrate which is nice and runs with less power, so cooler… Which is great for these cards since their cooling solution is so terrible. Who puts a plastic heat spreader on a professional GPU?

Core - 785mhz @ 900mv, Mem - 1500mhz

DPM 2
MDPM 1
Recommend Fan 100%

1 Like

Has anyone found the magic trick to cooling these things? I’ve got some that run 70-75c and others that want to push 90+. I’ve re-pasted all of them, I’ve checked the heatsink fin channels, I’ve been going a little crazy with it. I don’t want to invest in new heatsinks for them as much as I know that would do the trick.

What’s your hashrate for this rom?
Definitely agree about TRM over phoenix.
I also go with 100% fan as well as having a case fan blowing air over it in a cold room.

Perhaps if anyone had access to a high airflow server case, that would improve the cooling for these cards?

Around 21.5 @ 70w per TRM.

Sorry I should have mentioned that.

1 Like

@stryfe024 Hi friend ,can you please share with me an screen of your settings:

i have the Mistokes18 Bios but only need set your same configurations

1 Like

Hi what did you use to flash the bios? i’ve bought 12 of these but not having any luck with mining on them

I think with the latest HiveOS update you can overclock directly in HiveOS. Failing that, use the flash utility built into HiveOS under the overclocking tab. Use tongabiosreader to edit the bios.

1 Like

I got two 3070s at retail so 2 amd firepro wd7100s fooooor sale! Hmu. :wink: Gotta say messing with these puppies make me feel like a seasoned hiveos vet. Lol

has anyone figured out how to undervolt these bios?
I’m able to get 21.5-22 stable from my w7100. These are my settings, but it seems like the processor is the limit, not the memory, the load is only 72% on mem using amd-info.

I am getting anywhere from 21-32mhs at ~70w depending on my kernel and driver version.
Still trying to figure out how to undervolt with bios hex editing. If anyone has experience with the bios on these tonga gpus some input for voltage settings would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. My goal is to set the bios to default to the lowest voltage settings for core and vram. I can use corectrl on ubuntu but in HIVEOS the undervolt settings don’t stick. (tonga bios reader does not display the correct values for my cards)

Nevermind I figured it out.

My W1700 with r9 cooler, the best cooler for 15$ keep my temp under 50 degrees.
53.56 mh and 43 degrees.

1 Like

where’d you get the cooler? Also, the only miner I’ve seen correctly report the W7100 hashrate is tearmredminer, so you’re likely 1/2 what that is showing unless you are using TRM already.

Cooler from Radeon R9 290 .
The gpu very stable on 54 mh with phoenixminer .
i try 900clock and 1720 mem - up to 56 mh but after 2 h crash.

1 Like

I Flashed your bios file but after that vram report in hiveos is over 1000000gb of vram @@ can’t mine anymore

I’m not trying to be a downer here, but look at the shares, your W7100 is much closer to the 1060 than the vega card. From my experience Phoenix miner reports about 2-2.2x actual hashrate on the W7100s, that’s why I use Teamredminer for my w7100s.

Cards 0 and 2 are my W7100s

Hey guys, brand new to HIVE but have been reading a lot. Recently bought one of these W7100’s to pair with my GTX 1070 for a little bit more hash. Been trying to use HIVE VBIOS feature to flash the W7100 and I keep getting flash failures. When I use Mike’s dell rom, I get the error “Newer ROM version already programmed”. When I use the ATI version I get:

Old SSID: 030C
New SSID: 030C
Old P/N: 113-C7670300-102
New P/N: 113-C7670100-102
P/N mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

I’m sure I’m just a noob and am missing something. I looked at the numbers in Tonga (current bios vs. Mike’s roms) and my factory bios name is 113-C7670300-102, Mikes dell is 113-C7670400-102, and the amd version is 113-C7670100-102. So to my untrained eye I see the 300 is different than the 400 or the 100, but I still don’t know why I’m getting the flashing failure. Only other thing I see is my factory rom power table is different 0xA62C. Mike’s is 0xA628, but this is where you lose me entirely on bios flashing…

I tried stopping mining, no dice, I tried during mining, same failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’m getting ~13 Mh/s with the factory rom and would like to push it as high as possible of course :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!

I also bought one of these cards when I started mining just because I got it cheap. On hive using phoenix it reports that it is getting the same as my rx580s but the accepted shares over the same period is almost half and runs super hot. It has been replaced.