More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD FirePro s7150 high power consumption

i bios modded them so it doesnt matter the oc settings in hive os. So you’re mining on them? I saw a firepro s9100 and I wanted to try it on mining. Have you bought your firepro on wstore.com ?

Could You enclose Your modded bios ? I have change some value in my bios using Advanced Tonga BIOS but still can change OC…

I bought some s7150 ocassionally from a friend.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s9VsApyWhiXJiX0KsGdkhcF2ZuAzlWZw/view?usp=sharing
here it is my friend, give it a try and tell me

Thank You. Interesting but are You familiar with this job ?

Guy was changing only value0 for dpm 5-7 and You didnt touch them - why ?

yes I bios modded a lot of my cards and I have some basic knowledge about it. So with my bios how much hashrate do you get? And power consumption?

I have done some experiments - I have changed value0 for dpm 5-7 in Your BIOS but generally I dont see significant difference between that and stocking BIOS.

I can achieve the same results as above with stock BIOS just using overclocking options in hiveos like setting core voltage and turn on the aggresive undervolting.

Hello boys, i go my hands on 10 of these for cheep testing one rn.

in the pic you can see that it detects it as a w7100 and that is because i flashed a different bios, i can post it if you want.
hashrate fluctuates between 23.5 mh/s and 24 mh/s for an average of 23.75 mh/s
power consumption is 120w, calculated using a ElmorLabs PMD (Power Measurement Device)

Im testing your settings and so far its not bad i am getting between 105w and 112w for an average of 110w calculated using a ElmorLabs PMD (Power Measurement Device)

My hashrate is fluctuation so i will wait 12 hours and tell you what my average mh/s

Interesting, it will be nice to test Your Bios from w7100 (I’ve found one but Hiveos didnt want to flash it).

Make sure to force flashing ignoring security checking.

They use the same GPU architecture but they are not the same GPU so you need to bypass any security check.
The only diffrence between the two is that the s7150 has more cores than the w7100, wish does not help in ETH mining

Here is the link to the BIOS i found

So what is the benefit for this BIOS replacement ?

I don’t know i am just trying it for fun, i will do more research late.

Please Do, I will try too and share with the results :slight_smile:

Maybe it is worth to try dual mining with TON or ALPH ? If I’m not wrong they’re using core of GPUs so using s7150 bios would be better then replaced w7100 ? Just thinking…:slight_smile:

I am having a hard time getting the s7150 to run under linux, i will try it a bit later.
But i got the GPU running stable at 24 mh/s at an average of 120w at the PMD.
To get these results i had to update to the specific version of hiveos you can see in the pictures and use TRM ver 0.10
I will try to get dual mining with the s7150 later this week because i am busy.

Ok, I think there is one benefit of this BIOS. Mem state is changeable - with s7150 BIOS ram always works on state 0.

Check the BIOS settings - changing PCIE link speed from GEN3 to GEN2 helped me.

thanks i will try that

My s7150 with W7100 BIOS in dual mode ETH/TON i s overheating even with much lower oc…