More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD FirePro s7150 high power consumption

Im testing your settings and so far its not bad i am getting between 105w and 112w for an average of 110w calculated using a ElmorLabs PMD (Power Measurement Device)

My hashrate is fluctuation so i will wait 12 hours and tell you what my average mh/s

Interesting, it will be nice to test Your Bios from w7100 (I’ve found one but Hiveos didnt want to flash it).

Make sure to force flashing ignoring security checking.

They use the same GPU architecture but they are not the same GPU so you need to bypass any security check.
The only diffrence between the two is that the s7150 has more cores than the w7100, wish does not help in ETH mining

Here is the link to the BIOS i found

So what is the benefit for this BIOS replacement ?

I don’t know i am just trying it for fun, i will do more research late.

Please Do, I will try too and share with the results :slight_smile:

Maybe it is worth to try dual mining with TON or ALPH ? If I’m not wrong they’re using core of GPUs so using s7150 bios would be better then replaced w7100 ? Just thinking…:slight_smile:

I am having a hard time getting the s7150 to run under linux, i will try it a bit later.
But i got the GPU running stable at 24 mh/s at an average of 120w at the PMD.
To get these results i had to update to the specific version of hiveos you can see in the pictures and use TRM ver 0.10
I will try to get dual mining with the s7150 later this week because i am busy.

Ok, I think there is one benefit of this BIOS. Mem state is changeable - with s7150 BIOS ram always works on state 0.

Check the BIOS settings - changing PCIE link speed from GEN3 to GEN2 helped me.

thanks i will try that

My s7150 with W7100 BIOS in dual mode ETH/TON i s overheating even with much lower oc…

I looked at the extra profitability of dual mining and you only make an extra 0.79$ a month or 9.64$ a year
and that is if you have not loss in the ETH hashrate.
To be honest i am not really interested in dual mining but i will share my cooling solution with you.
Hope that helps.

Also i tried chaning the straps (memory timings) but i have not seen any change

Thank You for Your information. I think TON is a coin which doesnt make loss ETH hashrate but needs more power.

Here are the results
I am drawing an extra 5w when mining TON and ETH for a total of 125w vs 120w on ETH only
I also lost 1 mh/s because i cant do dual mining on team red miner, i dont know why if you have a solution please let me know.
From what i can see, if i am able to keep the same hashrate (24mh/s) on ETH then dual mining is more profitable but i am not able to because i cant dual mine on team red miner.

How did you get the cards to read?

what do you mean buy read, if you mean mine then what i did is put them in a Windows machine and installed the latest amd drivers that this card supports. Then i put it back on to my hiveos machine for better performance.

Ya, I place cards in Windows machine and drivers install.