More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

Currently have 2 RX6700 and 1 Sapphire pulse RX6600 GPU rig setup on Hive stable version and working fine .
All GPU’s are in lane 1,2,3.

When I add 2nd Sapphire pulse RX6600 to rig into lane 4 , the fans start up but hive is not detecting.
Am using a MSI X470 motherboard.

When I try using Riser in a lane 5 or 6 then rig doesn’t connect to hiveos and have to reset bios to get connected to Hive again.

Maybe I need to change something in BIOS?

Any ideas please ?

1 Like

Hi, i am using mixed rig with 4 rtx 2060 and 1 rx 6600xt with nbminer.
Gpu starts mining normally but after a while some card stops mining and gets undetected like in screen, it is not Always the same card, just randomly one crashes
All this happened since i added the amd card to the rig.
I am on latest hiveos version, thanks in advance if someone can help

I’ve got 3 RX6600XT, all different “flavors” (manufacturers, models). Running mine on core at 1100, VDD at 600, mem at 1150. Shows around 60W of power draw on each card, although that probably isn’t accurate. I have a watt meter on the way to put inline with the AC supply. It does seem to crash every 12 hours or so and recover, I haven’t determined why as yet. At the settings above, my cards are mining at about 32.8MH/s mining Ethereum using Phoenixminer.

“So now we have 32Mhs at 65W, let’s try to reduce that Watts, after several modification we are able to get less than 50W”

What modifications? What are your final OC settings?

1 Like

I have a very similar issue.
If my mainboard has 6 pci-e slots, then when 5 are full connecting the 6th never works.

I tried this on 3 different boards. Each time you fill to the last PCI-E slot, it doesn’t mine. If you leave one pci-i slot free, it works perfectly fine.

I’ve replicated this behavior now on multiple brands of board (asrock, asus and gigabyte). It is not the boards because if I take 2060 supers and fill all the slots it works fine. This behavior ONLY occurs with 6600XT’s and it’s fucking annoying as hell.

Yes “fucking annoying as hell” is correct.Its my 4th card that won’t get recognised ,so intresting to hear your issue.

Glad to hear you think this is only a 6600XT issue, and not the motherboard.

Ive seen posts on here of 4x 6600XT running ok, so maybe a conflict if using with other mixed GPU rig’s .
I don’t know .Hopefully future updates will short this out.

4 6600xt is no problem
5th let stuck any random card sometimes
6th kill the whole rig and it doesnt start

I am also still having the same issue. I have 2 separate rigs of 6600xts so far. Both work great with 4 cards. As soon as you add the fifth Hive fails to apply OC settings. Then only 4 of the cards hash but without the OC settings the rig begins to over hear.

Hopefully they can come out with an update to fix this issue. To expensive to run these rigs with only 4 cards on them. It would be one thing if they were 3090s.

I am running a 12 6600xt rig without any issue. try another mother board maybe…

What mother board do you use?

Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0 Ver. 6.x LGA1151 DDR4 Supports DX12/HDCP ATX Motherboard

I got 3 of them from aaawave

There are no problems running 5 6600xts at one rig. Waiting for more cards. This will be 12 GPU RIG :slight_smile:

Your Motherboard chipset or CPU might not have enough PCI-e lanes available to connected directly…

Some chipsets (like the B450 ) have limited PCI-e lanes compared to the higher end chipsets
Low end Gen 1 Ryzen also have cut down PCI-e lanes available too
M.2 NVME can use up PCI-e lanes so use SSD’s
Update the BIOS then "disable the CSM and enable the "Above 4G decoding
Set the PCI-e speed x1 @ Gen 2

What psu set up are you all using for 12 gpu motherboards?

Guessing your mixing in some server psu ‘s

assuming 70watts per card on eth thats 840watts, you could use a single 1200watt ATX PSU easily with a 12 GPU build

These cards are as efficient as can be, I am loading up on them as I find at MSRP

what miner are you using?

Can you please share what miner you are using?

NBMiner v39 .0

will upgrade to 39.2 see if the variance I’m seeing in these cards change
I have 6 MERC’s and 2 QWIK’s but a good variance in reported wattage and hashrate.

8 cards I’m seeing 602watts @ wall.

may i ask what are the qwik in screen?

anyone mining ergo using 6600xt?

Im having a problem with my rig

when using NBminer. the 6600xt only giving around 30-34mhs while using teamreadminer it can give me 63mhs

currently im split the miner for my nvidia and amd

nvidia using T-Rex and amd using TeamRedMiner

hope that NBminer can give same hashrate for my amd card when im using teamredminer

1 Like