More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

Nicht das ich wüsste - du müsstest jede Karte einzeln messen.
Mach aber, wie gesagt, auch mehr Sinn so … weil eben die Riser, die PSU Effizienz usw. alles viel mehr Strom fressen, als man an sich meint :wink: Wenn du dann ne 60Watt Karte anschließt und siehst 100Watt flöten gehen, staunt man schonmal nicht schlecht :wink:
Aktuell hab ich am Gerät 2 Rigs mit 630 und 646 Watt Verbrauch lt. Hiveos.
Reell gehen da etwa 1555 Watt durch. Und ich nutze EVGA 1000GQ Netzteile mit 94% Effizienz.

Ich nutze stinknormale Wattmesser von Pearl, gibts zeitweise für 7-8EUR. Im Endeffekt interessiert es mich am meisten, was das gesamte Rig verbraucht.

Mir ist jedoch aufgefallen, dass die Verbräuche nicht skalierbar bzw. linear sind - mit jeder neuen Grafikkarte verbraucht auch dein Mainboard anders.
Ich wollte da auch keine Wissenschaftsarbeit draus machen wegen ein paar Watts hin oder her.

Wer hier jede GPU anders takten will um das letzte raus zu holen, wir mit der Angabe “Watt an der Steckdose” nicht so ganz zufrieden sein.

@Lalading @Kujko
Ihr habt schon recht, man sollte da keine allzugroße Wissenschaft drauß machen.

Meine Werte sahen folgendermaßen aus:
Server ohne GPUs (ohne HiveOS VM): 40W
Server +2xGPUs +HiveOS VM: 160W
Server +3xGPUs +HiveOS VM: 225W
(alle GPUs sind 6600xt)

Denke das hier auch ca 10W die Virtualisierung der VM ausmacht. Finde die Werte aber letztendlich sehr gut für ca 95MH/s.

Is this card not supported by Hiveos? I’ve had 8-10 running previously, but not for very long and it seems to freeze hive and less cards work each time. I’m down to 4 cards on a rig that was previously running 10 with 2 nvidia cards as well. It looks like riser issues, but I’ve never had this many issues with risers and I completely swapped out the entired set of risers as well. Also tried on the motherboard that skips the pcie slot and goes straight to the usb to remove those as possible causes of errors. Booted 10 cards the first 2 times no problem, then on 3rd boot it stopped posting. Removed all cards and seems like mb is dead now. Do we need to use windows to mine with these cards? It’s been nothing but a headache and I have had many of these cards sitting around because I haven’t heard a solid answer from anyone yet regarding these cards.

HiveOS Work defenitly with 6600xt. I run three of them in a VM without problems since they released.

1 Like

Seems very problematic tho. I can run a handful with no problems, but normally I run 8+ cards per rig. With 8+ cards, it seems that my hardware stops working. Not sure why. I swapped out all risers/psu/ram/mobo and now it will only hash with 3 cards, the rest don’t even show up. Never had so much trouble mining on any other cards. It seems like it’s killing my hardware. I see risers getting a lot of blame, but I’ve never had this many bad risers ever. In a 14 card rig, the same risers have run for months now with no issues. Same with two other 8 card rigs. It’s very unlikely that the hardware is the issue.

Would be great if there was some kind of update from hive ppl regarding this. It shouldn’t kill my hardware like this.

Hi guys, I’ve been facing an issue with one of my 6600xts; while in TBM Temps, power and fan parameters shown on worker dashboard, but there is no data on miner screen.

Issue started after adding my 3rd GPU, but 3rd GPU is ok,

Interestingly 1st GPU parameters are missing in miner screen.

Switched to TRM to check if parameteres still missing, but everything was OK there. Switched back to TBM and again missing parameters.

Another thing is 1st GPU fan speed is noticably higher from others, started again with addition of 3rd GPU, tried and checked both TBM and TRM, same results, and again insterestingly this GPU is located on top left, not facing any other gpus backplate, so it uses fresh air directly, no reason to go high temps. (AutoFan enabled with GPU:47, Mem:57)

Any ideas and/or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’ve successfully run a mix of 8 6600XTs and 5 6600s on an ASRock H110 BTC+ Pro motherboard (only reason for the mix is this is what I could get my hands on). Not sure what hardware you’re using, but for me the issues in getting this all stood up and working fell under 3 categories:

Risers - I know you mentioned this already so I won’t expand

1. Risers - I know you mentioned this already so I won’t expand

2. BIOS - I’d definitely make sure you’re on the latest BIOS. Also, with my motherboard, some crashes would force a change to settings I wasn’t immediately realizing (CSM specifically in my case caused it not to post with 9 GPU’s)

3. Overclocking / voltages - If you haven’t, try to get your rig working with all cards connected and no changes to clocks/voltage (assuming it boots to HiveOS). Once that is established and stable, then work through changing those settings. I also had an issue for a time where certain XFX cards hated when I had autofan on (though they seem fine now).

All this to say, in none of my scenarios was HiveOS the culprit, just my own settings.

Last thought - what are you using for power supplies? If you have multiples that aren’t quite in sync at boot, some cards might not be getting seen at POST. A soft reboot might help validate this.

I’ve experienced the same issue with TBM. It doesn’t show the status of 2 from 8 cards.
All the cards work but TBM just doesn’t show the status of the first 2 of them.

I have problems with only 6600xt. The rig works fine but every 2-3 days it falls off and restarts. I had to put a watchdog for current consumption.

Has anyone had this problem? i use corsair quality power supply and i have the problem with all 6600xt equipment

Hi fellow 6600 XT owners,

So far I have been able to purchase 3 6600 XTs. The first I got from amazon for $750 (MSI), the second from Adorama for $650 (MSI), and I just got a third order placed with Amazon for $650 (PowerColor Red Devil) which should arrive in like a month. I have not been able to get anything from BestBuy or any other site at a somewhat reasonable price.

I think the two I have running are performing well, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve? Are my fans too high or too low? Should I focus more on lowering the power consumption, or raising the hashrate? I’m thinking the goal for each card is keep power under 50 watts and hashrate above 32?

What is your goal?

After testing a LOT different settings I couldn’t get any more that this rate, if you have any suggestions or hints, please help me to improve the OC. Many thanks.

thats top

Hi all,

Any OC for 6600 Micron not 6600XT Micron ?

Thx

1 Like

you cards prices are not very good, but you hashrate and powerconsumptions are greate!

Thank you Sonic, I’m new to mining, and trying to learn all I can. I’m in the U.S., and find it extremely difficult to get hardware. I’m always looking for more 6600 XTs, Doge ASIC Minis, and Helium miners.

Newegg is now selling 6600 XT Sapphire+ for $540.

Would you pls post a config page for 1 of these cards you’re using here? My Sapphire keeps getting a GPU dead error & I’d like to try your settings. tks

Hi, elro
Sure, np:

@elro @msim888
when you have stable settings, try this, on your cards to save power:
this values works for all my cards the same way

1 Like