More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

Sure can bro

I’ve just taken the risk and updated to the latest

I’ll let you know how it goes

try turning off your rig, and turning it on again, is it running normally or should it crash when booting? :slight_smile:

do you use SSD to boot hive OS?

may i ask for another update regarding your problem?

in these few days do you still encounter problems like restart/crash will boot?

or is it safe to find no problem at all?

do you still use lolminer or switch to teamredminer?

I want to ask again
did you install to the SSD using the stable version 208 or using the beta version (209/210) ?

or did you install the stable version (6-208) on the SSD first, and update to the latest version automatically on the hive os page?

I really like your explanation, because you explain in detail about your problem.

that really helped me :smiley:

Hi edwinst.

For teamredminer, I await your answer to my question (posted above), For the configuration of the flight sheet. (then i still using lolminer, i will test teamred when you will answer :slight_smile: )

I haven’t had any problems for 4 days (4 days without reboot).
And be sure I had the same problems as you. This is not a concern of mem, because even disabling the overclock on the crashing card, it kept crashing.

For the ssd, I first updated hiveos on my usb key. and then i transferred the OS to the ssd.
Here is the link to do it very easily.

Ben.

1 Like

I use teamredminer because according to most people here who are experienced, if you use full AMD / radeon, it will be more optimal if you use TRM. especially the wattage and stability issues when mining, it’s much more efficient.

That’s why I use Team Red Miner (TRM).

for others I haven’t tried, not that TRM is much better than others, but if you have stability in other versions of miner like lolminer/nbminer/gminer, no problem, don’t change as long as it’s much better. :slight_smile:

for SSD issues,

means that you are copying data on USB to the SSD?
you are not actually flashing ballena using SSD?

Is that true? :slight_smile:

nice to discuss with you :pray:

edwin

Yes thats true, i dont use ballena to flash the ssd. I make a copie usb > ssd.
(i m a new in “mining”, i buy my 1st gpu a month ago ^^)

can you please make a print screen of your flight sheet with team red miner?
i dont know what to put here :

excuse me, I’m having a problem with Mh/s RX 6600XT MSI. I just started mining version 0.6-208@210818 on Ethermine and I don’t understand the overclocking settings. can anyone help my problem? I’m very grateful for the advice

scroll up and read threads!? …you will find your way :wink:

2 Likes

I answer to myself (for those who would have the same problem). Since it seems that people are much more competent to ask questions than to answer them (even when they have the solution ^^).

In pool Url, just put : %URL%

Ben.

That looks like a pretty aggressive undervolt. Was it ever stable at stock settings? I’d start with core at 1100 MHz, VDD = 700, VDDCI = 800, MVDD = 1300, and Memory at 1050 MHz. Then start scaling back voltage from there in small increments.

have you found?
this is mine, you can see it

I never charge, it’s just a system (default) :slight_smile:

1 Like

how far are you mining in gminer with RX 6600 XT?

do you often get problems/errors?

thanks you

excuse me, is the 48w voltage in hive.os with 32.23 Mh/s excessive under volt? I just started mining for the first time. i am mining in ethermine coin eth

is there any suggestion

Hi afif, 48w for 32.21MH/s I would say is good. Obviously that actual reading of 48w is not accurate (for AMD cards in HiveOS it seems) but it is a good indicator when trying to get the power consumption down. All these cards seem to be rather random so any model 6600 XT that will run consistently over 32MH/s with low power draw I would consider to be one of the better ones.

Here are my GPUs, a right mixed bag and there are only two different types (2x Powercolor Red Devil and 4x Asus Gaming OC Dual). GPU3 crashes daily so still trying to find the sweet spot for that card. GPU3 seems to be over-sensitive to memory voltage (mV) where as the others are not. Silicon lottery.

3 Likes

If you want to save more power start dropping the MVDD (1344) in increments of 4 or 5 until it crashes then up in increments of 2 until it is stable. Run your rig for a few days beforehand so you know it is stable before doing this or you may go round in circles for a while. You can also try dropping VDD (670) in the same way. I do suggest you do MVDD first then do VDD after. MVDD seems to have a bigger impact on power consumption from my personal observations, your mileage may vary of course.

4 Likes

thank you batfink, I was very helpful with your advice. I also appreciate your 3rd gpu having a problem.

oh well I’ll try changing my vga settings, thanks for the advice batfink.

Load new hiveos from site
it works