More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

Kernel is ancient, OS version as well. If you are running latest miners, you likely have some material gaps.

I have updated all my AMD rigs to latest stable kernel with:
Hive-replace -y - - stable

Then disk-expand

then change password or sync in accordance with security guides.

Check the change log, you are missing out on some improvements.

thx for advices

I think every miner should read @patryk135’s post and at least try his approach. THAT is how you properly overclock your cards. 99% of miners just slap some settings they found online to all their cards and hope they run fine. Every card is different. Silicon lottery is the name of the game. Test hashrate of each GPU separately, at gradually increasing overclock settings. Use excel, use notepad, use pen and paper, whatever, but meticulously write the numbers down. Observe how the hashrate increases/decreases while you gradually increase frequencies or decrease voltages and note the exact amount the hashrate went up by, at each step. As you do that, with each card, you’ll get a feel of when to stop OC a given card. That’s how you learn what your hardware can/cannot do.

1 Like

Stable 63.11MH @ 115W

Ok, can someone maybe help me with my problem here?
I’ve had my AMD rigs with my OCs running stably for months (so never touch a running sistem!).
However, I’ve had massive problems with the stability of the rigs for a few days and weeks - although I haven’t changed anything on the OCs.

All rigs have 1:1 identical hardware, but on rig 2 and rig 3 there are massive hash rate drops again and again.

An update to rig 2 and 3 didn’t help, the rigs with version 06.211 and 06.212 seem to run best.
Rig 1 runs fine with the latest version (WTF!?).

I am using TeamRedMiner.

you can lower your core clock to save some watts actually.
These are my settings:

What’s always important is stability and number of accepted shares first, outright speed (hashrate) is secondary. Case in point, a hashrate of 62.5 MH/s with an acceptance rate of 99.5% will get you more coin over a hashrate of 64 MH/s at 98% acceptance rate.

2 Likes

Full Specs

OC for 6800

OC for 6800/6900 XT

Hi, do you have any practical experience with switching from ETH to RVN on RX6800 cards? Any recommendations on choosing a pool or wallet (in Trezor Suite RNV is not natively supported)?
Thanks!

Last look at this rig before ETH mining goes byebye. Going nearly 11 days now without restarting, maybe it can last all the way until the merge lol.

OC settings below:

It is nice when they just work isn’t it? :slight_smile:

This one is my oldest 6800 rig and even with the slowly “failing” GPU 5, runs continuously between updates of HiveOS:

2 Likes

Took a whole day to get all these gpus on one motherboard. Finally did it!

2 Likes

Nice job :slight_smile: H110 Pro board?

Yesss

Unfortunately, mine crashed after going 22 days non-stop. Still much much better than the old record it’s set. I guess my 6800 rig will continue non stop until the merge, then.

In any case, I am quite happy that I chose 6800’s for this rig. I didn’t need to do any BIOS mods for it to be effiicient for eth mining, which means it will be much easier to mine for whatever coin will come next, unlike the 1660 Supers and 5700s that I will probably need to flash back to the stock rom.

Bummer, but agreed the 6800’s were a sweet spot for stock, efficient, and stable GPUs…after the whole f-state thing :smiley:

Happy with mine, I better be, they are my most common GPU.

hi there.

Anyone knows OC settings for RVN or NEOX on RX6800?

I am watching for good OCs for 6800XT and 6600XT → KAS (Bzminer)

Clocks for flux on miniz

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.