More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

Thanks! I actually never taught of it that way!
That plus the completely wrong Wattage reporting by AMD makes it inaccurate as hell, so I just play with what I call the offset a bit to match wall and Hive.

Same. By using the offset across all my rigs when they are running optimally, it makes it easier to identify issues at a glance.

Efficiency is temp and load dependent, so I don’t find that useful in my operating environments.

1 Like

thank you very much bro, it helps a lot. do you have any suggestion for 6800

Hello, oscar! Very nice hashrate and power consumption! What miner do you use? How stable your hashrate after rig reboot and at all?

1 Like

Hi everybody

Since 3 day I have a problem with pover consumption. Without changing any rig setting the power consumption jumped after rebooting for my 5700 cards from 100 to 180 and for the 6800 from 125 also to 180. The higher consumption is confirmed by my watt meter connected directly to the wall plug socket.

Has anyone an idea what might have happened?

No one can guess without seeing your settings, your algos and how you are powering your GPUs and Risers.

Thanks for reply

Here a screenshot of my settings

Kernel is ancient, OS version as well. If you are running latest miners, you likely have some material gaps.

I have updated all my AMD rigs to latest stable kernel with:
Hive-replace -y - - stable

Then disk-expand

then change password or sync in accordance with security guides.

Check the change log, you are missing out on some improvements.

thx for advices

I think every miner should read @patryk135’s post and at least try his approach. THAT is how you properly overclock your cards. 99% of miners just slap some settings they found online to all their cards and hope they run fine. Every card is different. Silicon lottery is the name of the game. Test hashrate of each GPU separately, at gradually increasing overclock settings. Use excel, use notepad, use pen and paper, whatever, but meticulously write the numbers down. Observe how the hashrate increases/decreases while you gradually increase frequencies or decrease voltages and note the exact amount the hashrate went up by, at each step. As you do that, with each card, you’ll get a feel of when to stop OC a given card. That’s how you learn what your hardware can/cannot do.

1 Like

Stable 63.11MH @ 115W

Ok, can someone maybe help me with my problem here?
I’ve had my AMD rigs with my OCs running stably for months (so never touch a running sistem!).
However, I’ve had massive problems with the stability of the rigs for a few days and weeks - although I haven’t changed anything on the OCs.

All rigs have 1:1 identical hardware, but on rig 2 and rig 3 there are massive hash rate drops again and again.

An update to rig 2 and 3 didn’t help, the rigs with version 06.211 and 06.212 seem to run best.
Rig 1 runs fine with the latest version (WTF!?).

I am using TeamRedMiner.

you can lower your core clock to save some watts actually.
These are my settings:

What’s always important is stability and number of accepted shares first, outright speed (hashrate) is secondary. Case in point, a hashrate of 62.5 MH/s with an acceptance rate of 99.5% will get you more coin over a hashrate of 64 MH/s at 98% acceptance rate.

2 Likes

Full Specs

OC for 6800

OC for 6800/6900 XT

Hi, do you have any practical experience with switching from ETH to RVN on RX6800 cards? Any recommendations on choosing a pool or wallet (in Trezor Suite RNV is not natively supported)?
Thanks!

Last look at this rig before ETH mining goes byebye. Going nearly 11 days now without restarting, maybe it can last all the way until the merge lol.

OC settings below:

It is nice when they just work isn’t it? :slight_smile:

This one is my oldest 6800 rig and even with the slowly “failing” GPU 5, runs continuously between updates of HiveOS:

2 Likes

Took a whole day to get all these gpus on one motherboard. Finally did it!

2 Likes