More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

1660s Hynix 37mhs

I have been running my rig frunning or 5 days with 12x Zotac 1660 supers and used Palit rom.
What I am seeing:
When iI increase the memory the fan en Temp stop showing values, I don’t know how that effects the mining?

Here is a screenshot:

When the fan speed and temp stop showing values, its mean what u set very high oc for memory, and your card cant reach more for stabel working. Just use lower oc for memory

1 Like

How did you manage to Flash it onto the EVGA SC Ultra, when ever i try it, it fails

I think I finally get all cards stable now. In the last 24 hour, it has been only 1 miner restart and 1 manual reboot after seeing fan speed error. Guys, keep lowering memory clocks if you see zero fan speed error, and it will run smoothly. The card with 2000 memory clock is still doing 34.7

1 Like

用轻松矿工更新bios里面有

嗯,刷了你参数怎么设置的?

Asus Dual OC is stable for now.I’m still work on another brand cards,they still crashes.

I was flashing all my cards on Windows with nvflash and commands is :
nvflash64 --save name.rome (name what you want to make a backup)
nvflash64 --index=0 -6 name.rom (name = name on your Bios.rom )

2 Likes

Has anyone tried using NVFLASH for linux and installing it on hiveos?

Anyone have success with the 1 fan Asus Pheonix?

I wonder if there is a way to get this running on 2060 with Hynix RAM.

Hi! I have the same 1660super TUF with Hynix. And I updated the BIOS with the Palit BIOS. And works fine on windows and HiveOS. I will attach an image with the settings:

1 Like

I just got a single fan PNY XLR8 1660 Super from Best Buy and wanted to test it out. I used Win10/NVFLASH64 to flash the card so I can’t speak about doing it under Hive.

As far as performance, MSI bios was able to hit 34 using 1050 CORE, 2380 MEM, and PL 0. I should have noted the software watts but I think it was around 80’s.

Just out of curiosity, I tried Palit bios and the same settings hit 35.4 BUT the software watts booted to 125w so had to dial it down to PL 80. From there the MEM can be dropped without hash being affected much but software watts seems stuck at 80 no matter what I did to experiment like dropping PL or CORE. Just confirming that MSI and Palit both work with the PNY.

1 Like

on palit bios the “PL” is just not working and is not applied, even if it says 80 or 70w it’s not true

2 Likes

Hi Mate… why is its name showing as Nvidia… shouldn’t it be Asus…

Because the name of the card is given by the Bios, since you are using a Palit Bios it shows Nvidia. Palit hasn’t put their name in the Bios.

Confirm Palit BIOS works for:

Inno3D Twin X2
Asus ROG STRIX (bad RAM cooling, needs optimization)
KFA2 1Click OC

2 Likes

Tested with both bios I get about 32mhs and it crashes constantly, I returned the old bios and now it works completely stable with 31.92mhs.

I have been testing the Palit rom for a couple of weeks now on my 15x 1660 Supers on HiveOS all different brands:
Gigabyte, Zotac and Inno3d and tried differente MEM settings but after about 4/5 hours the GPU’s randomlly stop displaying Watts and FAN. I reboot the miner and all is working again.
Not to stable if I go lower with the MEM I will end up at 32M/hs and there is no need to flash the GPU’s with that hashrate.

1 Like

Someone try with gigabyte 1660s this new bios? also has hynix memory

I have described 2 posts above with my Gigabyte card!