More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

1660s Hynix 37mhs

Hey Aeon
Did you find any solutions to your problem? I have the exact same issueā€¦ The card keep crashing Hive so I canā€™t put the original bios in

just use maintenance mode without loading drivers

new hynix mem, org bios. asus phoenix. I can share if someone wants to unbrick.

try using bigger core

Same problem here. Iā€™ve tried to flash the vbios on a MSI Ventus through Hiveos, flash went ok, but hive never started again with this board in place. Iā€™ve savedthe original vbios before the mod, and Iā€™ve tried to go back to the original vbios, on windows using nvflash, and, after turn off the protection, I keep getting the error: ā€œpower alert assertedā€

Anyone can help me. Thank you

Hey there

I also used windows and nvflash to put the original bios. But mine was an Asus Hynix GDDR6 Ā· 90.16.5A.00.32
I didnā€™t have this problem of yours, I disconnected all the cards then installed them one by one
If this doesnā€™t work, you could perhaps retry to flash the bios again with the original one

Good luck pal

Any stable OC for 90.16.5A.00.32 Asus Hynix? The only stable memory clock is -1004 and that only yields 22mh dual mining. This is by far the most difficult card to OC. Itā€™ll hard crash the system randomly sometimes without warnings.

Maintenance mode and flash the original bios fixed it for me.

Hi, Itā€™s been a while, I was able to got the last 1660s for my last spot on motherboard, bought ir from bestbuy on April 2nd, unfortunately despite of the memory type is Hynix, and hiveos was able to flash the Palit bios with force security check selected, but the Hiveos gave a bunch of drm error during the hiveos bootup and cause CPU softlock, and hiveos panel will display ā€œUnknownā€ on the memory row.

After went through some newer post regarding to this card and bios version, it seems like the bios 90.16.5A.00.32 is the newer version of 1660s bios from Asus, according to one post from forum: ASUS gifted you with their DRM bios locked TUF 1660 Super, now you can't bios mod those with hynix vram anymore

This might be the cause of those newer 1660s card, I personally got the exact same model this February from Memory Express, that one has no issue to flash the Palit Bios and achieve 36MH hashrate.

Just be aware if you wanna still getting new card, there are posts also said the Asus single fan pheonix version also has this bios version, so I assume that version is unable to do this bios mod either.

Thanks for sharing the oc, I recently got one from Bestbuy, the Asus TUF 1660s oc also come wtih the newer 90.16.5A version, since this newer version for bios mod seems been blocked. Hope this oc is stable, 34MH compare to 36MH with bios mod is good enough for now.

Donā€™t you think memories are very forced with this overclock?

@Befoor evga sc ultra best setting ? stabil fan error no problem :slight_smile:

it is new hynix memory, which supports higher memory clocks, but has different timings it seems so has less hashrate with higher clock than palit bios.

Hello everyone, I share today my oc of my
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6144 MB - MSI Hynix GDDR6 - 90.16.5A.00.19 so the new version blocked bios :frowning: and the best I can find in performance with only one OC and no bios mode is 30.88Mh for 68w consumption ā€¦ After two months of test I did not find better with a stability of 100% so I share it with you for interested :wink: Good day to all

try 1100 core and 3300 memā€¦ 33MH :slight_smile:

BIOS are not going to be developped or released by anyone here for this

MSI/ZOTAC - works fine with palit bios and 1050/2000/85

but Gigabyte/ASUS/PNY are crushing.

Any ideas what to do?

Hello i have a GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6G, from gigabyte and i need FS0 or FA0 original rom BIOS version PLEASE :frowning: GV-N166SOC-6GD ORIGINALE BIOS FS0 or FA0

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.