More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

XFX 470 8GB Invalid shares problem

Hi there,
building my 4th mining rig and I have encountered weird issue that I just cannot get rid off. Right at the start of mining, I can have settings on all xfx 470 8gb card set to 1100cr, 900cvol, 1950mem, and for a solid 60-90min miner works perfectly, 0 invalid shares, no temperature issues, nothing.
However after this 60-90min mark invalid shares start popping up on these cards. No matter the settings. I can literally change it to 1050/970/1900 the problem persists. TeamRedMiner doesnt show any rejected shares, all accepted, hashrate on pool functioning OK. any ideas? please

2 Likes

Update: I take it back, TRM shows HW: number of invalid shares.
Getting rid of all OC doesn’t solve issue either - even though cvol goes to 1000 on some cards

2 Likes

The only thing I did was change to phoenix miner, rebooted and instantly getting only good shares 22 minutes in. Gonna update when first invalids come.

2 Likes

47minutes in, 1st incorrect share and now it begins happening more rapidly…

2 Likes

Hi, how are you? I wanted to ask you if you found a solution to the problem, because the same thing happens to me with an XFX rx580 8gb with the same Hynix memory

I have almost %50 invalid shares XFX RX 480 8 GB Samsung memory. I also changed many client (Phoenix, gminer, lol) but does not fix ( with or without OC and BIOS)

hi man, i got problem with 470 and i see i got the same model as You

how do You get 28 mh ? i have the same settings and i get only 22 :confused:

what is the problem ? i got the cards day ago

pls check and let me know

Maybe u forgot REF ? Do you have Modded your bios too?

REF ? were i can do it ?

i didnt do anything with the bios yet,
what version of bios ?

hah, 570 now do 27 mh, the same parameters than before and now its 27 :smiley:
its killing me :smiley:

kenshinji do you have maybe telegram or smt , can you help me ?
br

sure telegram @kenshinji59

Had the same issue with the same card (Modded xfx rx 470 8gb). Fixed it by keeping the temperature at 50° C. The reason you are having problems is because your card is thermal throttling. Either changed pads/paste or keep the card cool or do both for better results.

I had the same issue with XFX RX 470. Deleted --REF 30 parameter in HiveOS solved the issue. Now I have 1.5 Mh per card less but stable. My settings are CORE 1100 Core Voltage 830 Mem 2000. I get currently 28.5 Mh per card.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.