More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Wouldn't it be good if you could configure LEDs depending on the state of the farm

I hope this feature exists! if not how do i ask

But if you could configure your HiveOS to control RGB lighting via the motherboard depending on the state of the rig

Flashing red for Hot
Red for problem
Green for good

You get the idea!

That would be cool, but it wouldnt work for all motherboards/gpu’s/risers/etc.

However I like the idea. Flashing red would indicate it wants your attention, so that should be your ALERT/ALARM light. Solid red would be fine for hot, but orange would be better, since its not an immediate problem, just something you should be aware of. You would never want your card to just run hot and not shut it down. If you set everything up correctly your gpu’s should stop mining when too hot and continue when they cool down.

Which brings into another issue. There are LED’s all over modern pc parts, but the colors are essentially random, mostly red, green, or white. So it would add even more the the complexity of them adding it into HiveOS. The best option for them would be to add support for RGB and Fan controller PCI/USB cards, then set triggers on those.

Unfortunately, most of my Radeons are Red Only, I’d always be having “problems” :slight_smile:

It would be cool to toggle the Sapphire Nitros and nVidia GTXs :slight_smile: