More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Wont Post with more than 2 GPUS

I am able to run with 2 GPUs, have been stable in mining for past 2 days, but I can not even post when I add a third GPU.

My hardware:

MB: ASUS Prime B560-PLUS
RAM: DDR4 8GB 3600Mhz
CPU: Pentium Gold G6405
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 GT
GPUS: 3X EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FTW Ultra

I have updated the BIOS, and my NVIDIA drivers are up to date.
I have enabled above 4G encoding, tried PCIe Gen 1,2,3, & Auto and have disabled all ports that are not in use (so everything but PCIe and USB).

All of my GPUs work either independently or in pairs, so that should rule our riser, power, or GPU issues. I’m also able to run them in any combination of the 4 PCIe slots. I’m even able to have 2 of them plugged into a 1to4 PCIe splitter and can mine, but when I plug my third GPU into either a PCIe slot or to the splitter it will not post. I feel like I’ve tried everything at this point, and its either something I haven’t seen in BIOS, or I’m not using a good MB or CPU for this (but I’ve seen others use similar hardware with few problems). Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

After more testing it looks like I can not get the system to post with 3 GPUs if CSM is enabled. However, I can’t start HIVEOS with UEFI; I can select it at the boot menu but once selected it just hangs on a black screen indefinitely.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.