More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Wifi drops during bootup

I have had a rather bad experience with wifi on hive (see this).

Built a new rig, and having trouble with wifi again. However, now it connects during boot up, only to disconnect. I can see the HIVE message with the ip and rig name, but hello can’t connect to the servers. Between those two moments, wifi is dropped. Couldn’t connect regardless of what I did. Until I found that I had to kill the running wpa_supplicant process.

during the boot up I see this message

[    9.836898] Generic FE-GE Realtek PHY r8169-0-c00:00: attached PHY driver [Generic FE-GE Realtek PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=r8169-0-c00:00, irq=IGNORE)                                                                            
[   10.041315] r8169 0000:0c:00.0 eth0: Link is Down                                                             
[   10.041430] debugfs: Directory 'netdev:p2p-dev-wlan0' with parent 'phy0' already present!                     
[   10.044067] iwlwifi 0000:0d:00.0: Failed to create debugfs directory under (efault)                           

Adding the following to xinit.user.sh gets it working, and the rig is back online

/usr/bin/killall wpa_supplicant                                                                                               
/bin/sleep 5                                                                                                                  
/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf                                                   
/bin/sleep 10                                                                                                                 
/hive/bin/hello                                                                                                               
/hive/bin/hive-console

guess I could had concatenated the lines rather than used a sleep, but it was easier to see what was going on

Any idea on how to actually solve this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.