More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Why is one of my RX 6800 XT so hot?

Hello again,
another day another question :slight_smile:

One of my AMD is getting hot but i don’t know why, settings are everywhere the same. This card is brand new, i added yesterday.

thx for help

Hi,
Check
Core 1250 VDD 675 MVDDCI 800 MVDD 1300 memory 1050
PM with results

unfortunately that has not changed anything. The wattage goes 2W down

Really???/ i dont think so… 2 celsious down… on mem side…

What do u want from this cards? What is the room temp?

Please take a look at the other cards. Today it is a little bit cold and the window is open, i think it is 16-18 °C in this room and breezy. Also i must run the fan with 90%, in my opinion that is too high.

i think 72-76 °C are ok … or not?

Yes looks ok …
Lower mem at GPU7 (86 celsius ) is way to high for samsung memory…

Hey there…

I got a “reference” RX 6800 xt card… It was working pretty hot (memory was getting to 98C on NBMiner).

I disassembled it and removed all the themal interface it had… Them I’ve put 1mm thermalpad on the memory ICs and on the VRM (I can’t recall if thats the right name…)… I used Thermalright thermalpads. On the core I used MX4.

Memory is 32ºC cooler… I believe the memory ICs was not really touching the heatsink. Your’s seems to be touching it, but I believe a good thermalpad could make it colder… Still you need to consider the warranty anyway, my 6800xt lost it long ago.

Take a look:

… the two pieces of thermalpad on the left of the picture are 3mm thick, I don’t know the name of the components that are under it, but they are bulk silver squares that’s close to the PCIe energy connectors, so I think they are related to it… They had that black foamy thermal…thinng on them, so I though that would be better to make them get in touch with the heatsink… The heatsink is lower over them, that’s why I used 3mm thermalpad on them.

Before it it was making 59MH/s @ 120w, temps were 68ºC on core and 90ºC on memory…
After the thermalpad replacement, now it’s making 53.5MH/s @120w (I still need to tune the OC…), core is 54ºC and memory is 58ºC.

update: In the picture the plastic sheet that comes on the thermalpad was still on it… I removed it before reassembly (of course…).

I got the OC right now…

I’m using:
Core clock: 1370
Core Voltage: 640
Mem Controller Voltage: 790
Memory Clock: 1060
Memory voltage: “empty”
Fan %: 70
Power Limit: 127
SoC Frequency: “empty”
Soc VDDmax: 960 (I didn’t set it before, so it was getting only 53~54,5 MHs)

Now it’s giving 62.5MHs @127w, core is sitting at 53ºC and memory at 60ºC.

Seems like a substantial temp improvement. Congrats.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.