More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

When >3 cards are installed they become inactive after a couple minutes

I’ve previously had five 2060s and my 2080 super running fine without issues for months but after messing around with FLUX and dual mining TON and ETH I’ve had issues with my cards becoming inactive after a couple of minutes. This only happens when I have 3+ cards installed and it only happens to one or two cards. 3 seem to run fine but extra will become inactive.

I’ve done a fresh install of HIVEOS a couple times.

I’ve tested all my risers, and GPU’s and they don’t seem to be the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven’t been able to figure this out for about 2 weeks. Thanks guys.

• GPU, INNO3D RTX 2060 Twin X2, (Hynix Memory)
  • Mobo, Z390-A PRO
  • CPU, i5 9400F

What do the cards show in the dashboard when they go inactive?
What’s the miner console say?

1 Like

I’ll just upload some photos, hope they help. Thanks for having a look.

The 4th card works for a minute or two (most of the time) before they just stop hashing.

Also when cards become inactive I get a mesage int he console saying something along the long the lines of “DAG verification detected: defect segment 1098”

cant find anything online that tells me what is going on and in all honestly I’m not the most savvy person when it comes to sifting through this stuff.

Do you have all the mining optimal bios settings set?

1 Like

Previously I’ve only ever had to enable “Above 4G Encoding”, never changed any other settings.

Try to set Fan to 75% then the rest to 0. If it does not stop hashing then your OC settings are no longer applicable to your cards.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.