More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

What is the correct setup to run GPU and CPU?

Hi, I am relatively new to mining. I recently started a new project building a Multi-VM PC. The build hosts Proxmox and this is hosting VM’s for Win10, Mac OS Monterey, Linux etc.
While doing this I realized I could also use it for mining purposes and installed Hive OS to mainly mine ETH.

My setup:
Fractal Define 7
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500 W
AsRock Taichi Z690
Intel i9 12900K
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid
ASUS Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB
2x 32GB Corsair Dominator RAM
6x 8TB 3.5HDD
4x 1TB M.2 NVMe

I managed to install Hive OS on a VM using a 16GB Corsair USB 3.0 Stick and also set up the whole hive configuration for a GPU Rig.
I than thought it would be nice to have a second mining option running, using a few power from the CPU. I basically cloned the setup used for the GPU and installed another USB Stick and another VM just for the 2nd Rig. In Hive I can now see the two rigs but only the GPU seems to work. I was wondering if I do something wrong or if the setup is correct.

If I click on the CPU rig I only see 3.733kH which seems relatively low to me considering the 60MH average from the GPU. I am using srbminer.

Long story short…

Is the procedure correct to have two separate VMs one for the GPU Rig and one for the CPU Rig?

Thanks for your help
Dux

What coin are you mining on the cpu?

ETH as well :thinking:

Look for some profitable cpu mineable coins, eth isn’t going to be one of them.
Off the top of my head some of the recently popular ones are monero, raptoreum and pulsar.

Hey Duxnobis13 - what resources did you use/follow to pass the GPUs to the VM Rig? (I see two of my three GPUs in the ‘add → PCI’ list… but curiously not the 3rd one (which is the only one actually on the mobo. Any help is much appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.