More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

What is the best overclock for a palit rtx 3080 graphics card?

hi guys
What is the best overclock for a palit rtx 3080 graphics card ?
This is now config —>

and temp —>

Core and memory seem very aggressive.
I should put 1050 as core and 2000-2200 as memory, to preserve the life of cards.
Better a couple of mhs less than a dead gpu…

1 Like

The temperature is low and everything is fine, some friends have set the mem to 2800, I do not think my settings are too aggressive

You just see only core temp, and it doesn’t tell you anything.
The real important value is mem temp.

1 Like

thanks ramses :raised_hands:

other friends have no suggestions?

guys ? do you have any suggestions ?

3080s cant handle these high memory settings , its not a 3070, it has different memory.
The temp you see isnt memory temp its core temp. Hive does not display memory temp on Nvidia cards, which is the most important temp on a 3080.
You need to do your research before overclocking, especially a 3080.
I run 1080 core 2150 mem. At 99.2 MH.
2800 memory isnt worth less than one MH more.
Turn that shit down or kill ur card.
Don’t do what everyone else is doing.
I bench mark my 3080s in windows to see my memory temps then use same overclocks in hive os.

thanks rkwjunior
I overclocked again based on this table
is good ??

The table is fine. But it depends on YOUR 3080s memory temperature with those settings. Could be fine, but could be bad. You need to see memory temps in windows because u cant see them in hiveos.

thanks
What is your suggestion ?( core and mem )

Depends on ur 3080
But i use
1080 core
2150 memory
But i can’t see ur memory temps

I ru my palit 3080 cards at thge followong. Very stable and havent had issues yet. Also tested each card in windows to for 2 hours in a closed case to get a stable memory tempreture. i find most work at Core 1260 Mem 3200 with a has rate at 104Mh/s but power values are all over the place.

The bottom Palit card is a very bad lotto card. Memory runs cold but i cant push past 2600 in hiveos 1187memory clock in windows its strange. I have ordered pads so will replace the thermal pads and see maybe one memory module is not making proper contact so one memory module crashes. Oh and the MSI a junk card its a non LHR card but its still throttled on Eth but runs fine on other elgos. Even tried different bios and such never goes above this even with nbminer temps also ok in windows. I have had bad experience with MSI lately.

Hi, do you have the table for 3080ti? I am using NBminer LHR 2 mode for ETH. thanks

hi, a try your settings

but without your results :frowning_face:
can you tell us what algorithm / driver use ?

i worked with t-rex and Nvidia driver 460.91.03

Hi! Currently, I have this configuration for 2 palit 3080 … 74-75 MH is standard for these GPUs now? Or is my configuration not the best?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.