More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

What does these 3 load average stands for: LA 6.20 4.36 1.98

I don’t have issue when using NBMinder, but whenever I try GMiner, these 3 numbers shoot up, and the rig will not hash. I’m assuming the 1st # is for CPU. What are the other two represent? Memory and Hard Drive?

la

Those are the same as the figure you see for you individual rigs near the bottom if you open the dashboard in a browser:

At least one of the reason these go up, is when your rig isn’t mining like yours. Is GMiner fully loaded into your HiveOS OS on your rig?

Ahh, makes sense now.

GMiner wasn’t mining, in shell it shows missing ./gminer folder. So I manually apt-get to reinstall hive-miners-gminer-2.64, and it never finishes, just sits there, while the LA shoots up. Eventually, I had to change back to working NBMiner and reboot the rig.

If you are using a USB drive it can take a long long time to add a new miner set because of the transfer rate.

I am using an old 32GB USB stick, and it didn’t take long to download, but looked like it got stuck while unpacking. So after about 15 mins, I gave it up. It was also causing the LA to shoot up too high. I’m gonna look into a small SATA drive. Thanks for your help.

whats value is considered high?

That is a good questions. Hopefully someone can answer this.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.