More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Watchdog gets confused

I been getting an alert about not having the hashrate configured for the watchdog. However, it is :frowning:

Also not sure if the watchdog resets the miners on a whim. I have seen the miners restart (not the rig) with no alerts or any indication what caused it. Only see a received a ctrl c in the miner output

watchdog screenshot

Watchdog will print that it restarted the miner if it does, if the miner is restarting on its own check the log and see what’s causing the crash. The notification in your screenshot is just for info, not anything else. Try moving that miner to the primary position if it’s not

It has been strange since I haven’t been able to find what causes the miner to restart. Other than receiving a ctrl c, each of the miners in the flight sheet has no further info

I know it is just an alert, which it displays when there isn’t a value set. However, I had 140 h/s for beam and it displays that! Since the watchdog is complaining about beam, the miner doing beam was in the first slot.

I know it isn’t serious, but just annoying (both issues other than losing some minutes while the miner ramps up to speed). All the other algorithms don’t display this alert if there is a value set, only beam

Maybe there is something with the saved info for the min hashrate?

hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: Watchdog disabled: miner is not running                                                                  
hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: Watchdog enabled                                                                                         
hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: beamhashv3                                                                                               
hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: beamhashv3 minimal hashrate is not set                                                                   
hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: OK LA(5m): 2.51 < 9.0, LA(1m): 3.01 < 18.0                                                               
hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: OK beamhashv3                                                                                            
hive670 hive-watchdog[1253]: beamhashv3 0.13987 kHs > 0

WD_MINHASHES_ALGO has "beamhashv3":0.14

@keaton_hiveon

Think this might be the problem with the watchdog. There is a problem with how it parses the values. I use lolminer for beam

hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting QQSTRING_TEXT or QQSTRING_INTERP_START or QQSTRING_END (Uni
x shell quoting issues?) at <top-level>, line 1:                                                                                                      
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: .algomap."beamhash                                                                                             
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: 1 compile error                                                                                            
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting QQSTRING_TEXT or QQSTRING_INTERP_START or QQSTRING_END (Uni
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: ."beamhash                                                                                                     
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: error: try .["field"] instead of .field for unusually named fields at <top-level>, line 1:                 
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: ."beamhash                                                                                                     
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: 2 compile errors                                                                                           
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: JSON parsing error                                                                                             
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: ."equihash                                                                                                     
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: error: try .["field"] instead of .field for unusually named fields at <top-level>, line 1:                 
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: ."equihash                                                                                                     
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: jq: 2 compile errors                                                                                           
hive670 avg_khs[2290]: JSON parsing error

I’ll pass it on

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.