More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

./VerthashMiner: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version 'CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found

Hi guys, I’m trying to run VerthashMiner version 7.1 Cuda 10.2 on a gtx 860m and I’m getting the following error:

./VerthashMiner: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version ‘CURL_OPENSSL_3’ not found (required by ./VerthashMiner)

is there a fix for this? I tried ‘sudo apt-get install libcurl3’ but it bricked my rig and got stuck on boot, so I had to start a new fresh image

I Fixed it, but the fix is a bit convoluted, turns out that libcurl3 and libcurl4 cant coexist on the same system that’s why just trying to install libcurl3 wont work, and I suppose hiveos uses libcurl4 for other stuff in the background. So to fix it download libcurl3 on a seperate folder and save just the file we need to /usr/lib/
(source: Using libcurl3 and libcurl4 on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) - DEV Community)

$ mkdir ~/libcurl3 && cd ~/libcurl3
$ apt-get download -o=dir::cache=~/libcurl3 libcurl3
$ ar x libcurl3* data.tar.xz
$ tar xf data.tar.xz
$ cp -L ~/libcurl3/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3
$ cd && rm -rf ~/libcurl3

now every time we call ./verthashminer we need to preapend
env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 , so it knows to use the path /usr/lib/ and not /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/, to do that I edited the file h-run.sh for verthashminer using
nano /hive/miners/verthashminer/h-run.sh to this:

now every time I use the miner version 7.1 cuda1 0.2 it will load libcurl3

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.