More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega and RX mixed rig

hi, i have 4 vega cards and 4 rx 580, i want to do a mixed hiveos rig. Although it recognizes the 8 cards, it only mine with the rx (I have hive os beta). I know there is a version for Vega, and it works perfect but only with Vegas, and I don’t have any more motherboards, so I want to make a mixed rig, is it possible? in theory yes, but has someone succeeded?

Yes, it is possible. I’ve got a rig with 580’s, vega 64 and a 5700xt running using the beta image. All is well with the exception of the vega. It’ll drop from a solid 44mh@133w to 7mh&65w after about 30 mins of mining for some reason.

thanks, same her, too inastable, i am thinking in make a only vega rig, maybe more stable? have you try the vega hive os version?

I have not. I’ve actually have the same issue as you right now, no extra equipment!

Interesting on your mention of instability. The only card that has caused any headache with this mixed rig on my end is the vega.

Works fine for me, i’am also use beta HiveOS image

what miner did you use?

TeamRedMiner

I also have problems with my vega card. I only achieved stability by decreasing the memory clock.

guys, I managed to solve my problem of low memory clock. I erased my dog ​​from memory. I configured the miner to add the overclock in memory.

Can you explain more on what you did or show your settings. I having the same issue also.

I just flashed my Vega 64 with the same brand Vega56 and found it is WAY more stable, has less power utilization, and is still performing very well. you might want to look into it as it was driving me nuts because my single Vega 64 was causing a reboot of the entire rig.

may you please post where you got the bios to flash? Is there maybe some editor?
Have 2 Vega 56 (one with Hynix the other with Samsung DDR5).
Both will not get far beyond 32 and 34 MH/s (ETH).
Have Core 1400 and MEM 950.
Thanks

I think everyone gets their vBIOS here: VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp

At least I do.

Thanks for your reply.
This page I know, flashed one Vega 56 to Vega 64 and changed the miner to TRM (TeamRedMiner).
Core clock 1350
MemClock 1050
VDD 930mV
HashRate 44,76MH/s stable
Power consumption 109W
Fan 43%
T-Core 53°C
T-Mem 75°C
T-Env 24°C

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.