More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 OC Settings Explained For 55 MH/s

Hello again,

Yesterday i’ve received an odd advice from a long time miner person (and friend).

He was very unconfortable with the memory clock settings of my Vega 56 at 1025mhz. He showed me the Vega’s specs at Techpowerup, as follows:

According his point of view, a “safe” overclock for this memory is 25% over the base clock, which is: 786mhz + 15% = 904mhz. But as you can see in this topic, we all use these settings around 1020,1025 and more!

I said that my card was running well for months (precisely, 4 months!) and he said that it won’t give a longlife for the GPU.

So, I want to hear your opinion and leave a question: how long each of you are running with this settings?

Thanks.

for Hynix 52.50mh 110w stable but can go to 55 with some hw. just put step by step 5mhz on both memory ans core don’t touch SoC.

your core is a bit low and the tweaker is for samsung memory. try my settings :wink:

wait, this one is to restore stock bios right?

Sorry, is any blower model in there?

Is there any focus on getting these cards as efficient at the wall as possible now that electricity prices are shooting up (at least here in the UK)? I have been running my msi airboost vega 56 at 55mh/s for 124w software on hive for a few months now, but having recently taken it off the AMD rig it’s on in order to troubleshoot a pesky temp 511 error (that has reared it’s head since updating the hive kernel). I subsequently found out that it was taking up to nearly 180w at the wall (difference between card on rig and card off rig @ wall). That’s 56 watts higher than software reporting and a 0.300 efficiency level which is pretty poor compared to RDNA, RDNA2 and nvidia turing/ampere etc.

Has anyone experimented running these cards at sub 50mh/s for sub 100w software power consumption? I know that my MSI airboost is a bit of a power hog compared to some other models as I’ve seen 100-105w software on the best vegas (e.g sapphire) but I expect these would still be doing circa 160w at the wall. Genuinely thinking of retiring my Vega given the issues I’ve had and it’s poor efficiency levels

I’ve installed my new Vega 56, hynix memory, and i see 115w from software.
I shocked when i saw the power meter at the wall saying 195w (22w from the motherboard) :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Yeah the software reading ist far off!
Mine was at 57mh@130w butt it was close to 200w from the wall! That’s why I sold that card.

I have been really torn about selling my vegas. On one hand they are not that efficient for eth, on the other hand what if another coin like ergo pre-nerf come along where they do really well?

It is hard to find HBM memory GPU’s.

Hey,

Can you please share your straps for following GPUS

Radeon RX Vega 56 8176 MB · PowerColor Hynix HBM2 · 111
and
Radeon RX Vega 56 8176 MB · Sapphire Samsung HBM2 · 113-D0500310-O01

Hynix memory

STRAPS: amdmemtweak --RC 35 --RP 13 --RAS 22 --REF 65500 --RFC 148 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4

Samsung Memory

In this case you have different settings, i personally use “efficency mode” rather than “performance mode”. The difference in term of hashrate - power draw is:
Eco = 56mh | 180-190w at the wall
Performance = 57,9mh | 200-210w at the wall

STRAPS: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 10 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 19 --REF 65535 --RFC 225 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 8 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

In case you get a lot of HW/R on samsung you can try to reduce Straps aggressiveness a little bit, in particular increasing RP from 10 to 11, or increasing RCDRD from 12 to 13 or even 14

1 Like

Hynix
amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12
These may work with --RC36 &RCDRD too, so those can be set lower…like RCDRD 12…it all about your chip. try with RC36 &RCDRD 12 first, that gives u better hashrate.

Samsung
amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

GL

your gpu 8 is FE…that wont do more than that,so all good on that one

Hello All,

I just set up a Sapphire Vega 56. And applied the tweaks you mention I only get 38.85MH @ 107W for ETH mining on HiveOS.

See Below my config:

I have tried a lot of things and the most I can get it is that. Would appreciate any help

Hello friends
Unfortunately, my graphics card has software problems and it is probably from the graphics card BIOS
Vega 56 xfx graphic cut model is Hynix chip, if anyone has a BIOS of this card model that I sent in the picture, thank you, I need it

do you use TRM?

bios 在哪里下载

I also have this issue. I’m not using TRM.