More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 high fan speed although temps are low

Hi,
I have a rig with 5 cards and one of them Vega56 fans spins like crazy although both ram and core heat values are low. What may be the issue? (%94 fan speed, 56 Core Temp 63 mem temp)
Here are my auto fan settings and temps

Ive had really bizarre behavior with AutoFan myself on my Nvidia Rig with 10 GPU’s. It is running latest HiveOS version 0.6-212@211205, latest Nvidia version 495.44.

Fans would suddenly shoot up to high percentage 70-80-90% all of a sudden for no reason, since GPU temps were well below threshold set in AutoFan Settings…

I decided to turn AutoFan off, and set specific manual fan settings for each GPU, depending on Core temperatures reached, as Memory Temps are not available in HiveOS which is a major short fall.

My GPU temps are now very stable, and Im assuming PCIE bus is less busy with constant traffic to poll and configure fan speeds on my 10 RTX 30XX GPU’s …

I would be willing to bet that avoiding HiveOs AutoFan configuration might also help with obtaining greater stability on certain rigs owners are struggling with out there…

My 2 cents …

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.