More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

MSI Airbost Hynix
amdmemtweak –CL 20 –RC 36 –RP 11 –WR 14 –CWL 8 –FAW 12 –RAS 20 –REF 65000 –RFC 238 –RTP 5 –RRDL 6 –RRDS 3 –WTRL 9 –WTRS 4 –RCDRD 15 –RCDWR 12

what is the name in HiveOs of reference vega signed by gigabyte?
Can you see them as Gigabyte or amd/ati.
I never had reference one signed by other company so just wondering if someone reflashed it

Hello,

Mjuarez, I can’t have this working on mine.

I have a problem, how much do you actually consume (on the wall) with your vega 56?

Almost two weeks ago I changed my RAM, and the actual consumption fell to 130w (115w announced on Hiveos), I rebooted for a long time just now and restarting I now have 180w for the same OC … I don’t understand. The hashrate didn’t change and it was stable, I don’t understand at all and it’s annoying…

What is the difference between A and B mode, mining ETH with TRM? I am always getting A mode for my Vega cards.

B mode is a power saving mode.
You can get approximately the same hashrate with a few less Watts.
Doesn’t seem to work on all Vega’s though, I have 3 out of 19 that don’t like B mode and constantly crash with it.
You have to set B mode in miner options. See somewhere in this topic the exact command and place. Or check TRM manual.
Once set, you can start lowering VDD by 5 or 10 until unstable, then up it again by 5 until stable for the long run.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your brief explanation.

Has anyone tried mining TON with a Vega 56/64 GPU? I was wondering what hashrate would the GPU be able to achieve?

1 Like

Oh my, this worked perfectly for my Sapphire Nitro Vega 64. I’m now at 50MH and will work on getting that higher. You just helped me get 7+ MH

Nice, I just got 55MH with your settings!

strong text

1 Like

Yes, I have. I set it up just this afternoon. After some experiments (it took me about 2 hours to find good settings) it’s table so far. I’m using latest release of TeamRedMiner.

Oh, this is ETH+TON mining. On TON only, with a LolMiner, this rig reached a little bit over 10Mh/s.

2 Likes

I just started dual mining Eth + Ton on all of my rigs since the Teamredminer upgrade. 3 rigs with Vega 56/64 and 2 rigs with 5700xt. Lost around 37 mh/s on Eth (a little less than 1 mh/s per gpu) and I gained around 40 gh/s on Ton. Vegas are getting around 1.1 gh/s, 5700s are getting around 825 mh/s.

2 Likes

hey Guys… wich temp is safe for the HBM2? this sapphere in the medium day go to 84c the hynix only to 79. if i increase the mem and core up, go to 54 mhs but arround 86c

I have a bunch of Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56’s. Two of them had one of the fans fail over the weekend. Anyone know where I can get replacement fans? Stock model number is Firstd FDC10H12D9-C, but the layout of the mounting screws is not the same as the one sold by Newegg (Firstd FDC10H12D9-C 12V 0.35A sapphire Radeon R9 Nano graphics cooling fan - Newegg.com). See the attached picture.

i just ordered fans for one of my Vega from aliexpress, see if your model is available :slight_smile:
ALIEXPRESS

A mode is default with TRM

Happy to share my first 2 vegas, 2 more are on the way, hope those have samsung memory

Flashed wrong bios on my vega 56. Now the rig won’t start with the “bios modded” card in the rig. When I pull it out, the rig works just fine. Any ideas what is the problem?

Enable Maintenance Mode and restart rig, select the option “with loading driver”
Then flash back the correct bios, restart again, done :wink:

@ss-silver hey bro, can u give me a hand? who is the safe temps for mems HBM2? thanks a lot !

Asus Strix Vega 64 Flashed with Asus Strix Vega 56, best hashrate i could achive till date.

I have a problem with one of my Vega. It worked for a year givind 54MHs and sudenly yesterday hashrate dropped to 8.83. Looks like also memory temperature isn’t show correctly.
After the reboot it mine at 54 for few minutes and the hasrate drops.
I did not change any settings or hardware.
Anybody can help?