More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

should i change “gen3” my code is now “gen2”

gen 2 should be fine, what miner are you using seems to be problem here.
Use the latest teamreadminer 0.8.6.2, if you’re already on that one I really have no idea what’s going on with that card…
from “run command” run amd-info and check your clocks

remove any display cables if you have connected to the card

I have a problem, I constantly get disabled share, after I put the bios from 56 to 64 …

you mean invalid share ?
from what I known usually people flash to 56 bios for their vega 64 card.
And for your invalid share usually you need to :

• lower you memory clock
  • increase your RCDRD from 12 to 14 or higher
  • increasing RC it’s also help from 36 to 37 or 38

regards

1 Like

Hi i put my vega 64 on vega 64 bios now with this settings:

amdmemtweak --CL 22 --RC 44 --RP 14 --WR 16 --CWL 7 --FAW 20 --RAS 33 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 6 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 16 --RCDWR 10

And its stable without any invalid share 47,14 mhs

1100 / 850 / 1000 clocks…

can you tell me what settings in memorytweak raise mhs? what could be raised or lowered?

hello !!!
please can you help telling me how the hell you managed to make msi vega 56 hynix to 52 mhs ?
the best i did is 47mhs and i am suffering like a month .

if you vega memory card is samsung then you can use settings below :
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

if it’s hynix usually you can use below settings :
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 12

play with RC or RCDRD value, for hynix usually the value is much higher , you also can browse this thread from the top, many try to up their hynix memory performance but usually only achive average 47 MHS, 51-52 MHS if your are very lucky.

like I said , most people flash their vega 64 card using vega 56 bios (i also flash my vega 64 card to 56)

can you tell me why this chart is broken for me? does that mean anything or? do you perhaps know why this is so? it was overnight for me while I slept.

I’m having real trouble with the Vega 56 that you can see below here but it just won’t remain stable no matter what. I’ve managed to get it hashing as high as 47mh/s on some of the copied settings/straps that people have shared on here but no matter what I try it always ends up with the dreaded ‘GPU1 detected dead’ error.

I must have tried about 20 different configurations, even as you can see here just running it at stock (this attempt I’ve lowered just the VDD to troubleshoot if its a power issue) but it still keeps failing.

I’ve tweaked the autofan settings (as doing this has previoulsy helped stabalise other cards where I’ve had this isse), I’ve swapped risers, tried different PCI-E slots on the motherboard and done just about everything that I can think of.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as I’m really stumped here with this card? I know the Hynix’s are tempremental (I have other ones) but this particualr one is just the devil!!

chart is related to the hiveos api, it seem having a problem, this issue also happen to all of us. Already cheak my isp and it’s working fine

it’s seem you haven’t set the amdmemtweak oc

I have before, with multiple different varients of it, none of them stop the issue happening. Leaving it without any seems to be the most stable option but even that doesn’t help.

Are there any ultra low tweak settings that I can try just to test for stability?

would it also be worth re-flashing a bios (if so, which one would you recommend)?

i also having a problem with hynix and decide just to sell the card. Anyway for hynix first i will start with setting :
CORE : 970 - 1000, VDD : 900, MEM : 950-970 and
amdmemtweak :
–CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 12

see the stability for at least 15-30 minute. After that start lowering the RCDRD until crash, if crash back to the previous RCDRD value.

after that you can play with the OC , raise MEM until crash, if stable start lowering your VDD

1 Like

Anyone with Ethereum working straps & OC settings for Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 (Flashed to Vega 56 with Bios Version 113-D0500310-O01 or filename from TechPower Bios Database Sapphire.RXVega56.8192.171218.rom ) with Samsung memory?

i have tried the following with RC values from 12 to 23 but no stability . Also i could not get memory above 1010 .The Sapphire Nitro+ cards crash every 30 to 60 mins but other cards are fine.
i have tried the following and nothing seems stable.

Core @ 1050 to 1100
VDD @ 812 to 850
Mem @ 1010 to 1100

–RC 12 to 23

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Any Help please @ss-silver or anyone ??

1 Like

thanks, those settings have helped and I’m testing now with lowering the RCDRD as suggested. I did need to drop the MEM down to 900 for stability to get those tweaks working but I’m now getting 47mh/s and it’s climbing as I lower the RCDRD.

Once again, thanks for the advice

I actually have not got my hands on a Nitro Plus yet but this is a more conservative strap that may help push mem up to 1027 and stop the crashing, I am running that strap on GPU 0, its a stuborn 64 that was crashing at RCDRD 16 with the strap you have above. but just did a 10 day run on the strap below.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 38 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

just bought a Strix 64 like an hour ago (GPU5)

2 Likes

ss-silver can u help me flashing my 64 to 56 ?

sure use this bios and the link below is the step by step process. Super easy, all from your browser.

already try that bios half hour ago. and ROM flashing failed