More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

thanks,
for your answer.
i tried multiple settings on my two msi water cooled.
one of them have cpu dead every 3 hours.
The other one multiple cpu dead per hour.

Do you think it’s possible to flash another vendor bios ?
I will search for one with same power as my card

RC37 RFC239 RTP 6 RRDL 5
Mem 1020 - vdd 820 - core 1050
if working, try lower vdd if dead gpu pump up vdd.
imho with that gpu u should get a bit lower wattage +few mh more

1 Like

hi.u need to go your worker “overclocking” tab and clean default conf to get rid of that old state number. Would be a good idea to save your settings as OC template before cleaning defaults, not sure if u need to clean ethash algo settings allso…anyways…there u can get rid of that number

Hi which bios are you using? from techpowerup?

any suggestions for this card?

vega 64 flashed 56 bios. Techpowerup bios

yes bios techpowerup, vega 64 red devil flashed to vega 56 red devil

I think a lot of folks here don’t know this option for ethash on teamredminer, it will help you immensely with checking for invalid shares with different timings/clocks so I’ll share here:

High Sample Tuning Mode
=======================
When testing different tunings for ethash, assessing if you've crossed the
boundary where your gpu is unstable and produces bad hash calculations (called
"hw errs" in TRM) is imperative. TRM has a special argument for this named
--high_sample_mode, currently not mentioned in the --help section since it isn't
supported for all algos.

When testing new tuning, we suggest that you always run TRM with the added
argument --high_sample_mode=8. This will lower the internal difficulty 256x,
meaning each gpu will produce 256x more shares. The cpu verification then checks
if each share is valid and if it also matches the pool's difficulty. If the
latter, the share is sent to the pool.

This way, you can assess the nr of hw errs on a gpu 256x faster than when
running in normal mining mode, but you also don't run in a simulation mode,
you're earning exactly as much as during normal mining.

When done tuning you can opt to keep this argument, but it will consume extra
CPU power for verifying the extra shares and it generally confuses any API
consumers (mining distros and other 3rd party programs). Therefore, we
recommend removing it.

https://github.com/todxx/teamredminer/blob/master/doc/ETHASH_TUNING_GUIDE.txt

Sorry for late reply.

It’s the last two you’d want to look at. Also do a search on ‘Vega 56 Hiveos ERGO’. There is another very useful thread there.
You will want to play around with your core clock until your core gives exactly enough juice to your mem. (Also don’t get distracted by the wattage - I’m certain it’s not being reported correctly.) Those cards can still go higher, but I’ve got 12 cards stuck in one tiny room without adequate ventilation. When it gets colder I’ll experiment some more, but I did have at least one of these cards up to 200 at one point, but the temperature was a big issue.

Hi guys. Anyone had problem with card that just dissappear from list? Need to restart rig few times before it starts to work again

Hi Guys,
I am new to mining and I have 2 Vega 56 and 2 nos of Vega 64. It boots detects but suddenly the temp and percentage disappears. Please help. Changed two motherboards. connected just one GP still No go.

. Please help .

Does anyone here knows if i can flash a 56 bios into a 64 liquid cooled vega?
I don’t know if it would work. I don’t know if liquid cooled 64 vegas have bios switches(dual bios).
There are no liquid cooled vega 56’s. So i would need to flash a reference 56 bios. I’m afraid it would brick my lc.
Any thoughts?

My first post here, but I have read the posts on the side line for many months. I managed to get my hands on a VEGA 64 (Gigabyte) I flashed it with a 56.

I am not getting nearly the wattage as anyone else on this forum. Am I missing something important?
Here is my settings:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 4 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 10 --RCDWR 12

Relax. Gigabyte cards show the real consumption.
All other readings for vegas like 130w,140w,150w are wrong reporting.
If you want to know the real tdp you need some smart plug on the wall.
Your card is fine.
Vegas consome 160-240 w. (140mhs - 207mhs).
So 170mhs with 200w is pretty normal.

I have done exactly this, it works fine. I did a stock AMD Vega 56 air cooled bios. The power consumption at wall is higher than other vega’s. They run so wonderfully cool though! How did you optimize your Gigabyte Vega? Mine are weird and wont hash more at increased clocks / memory. They only increase in hash if I drop voltgae / clock. Max at 175 MH at 165W for 1300 clock 800 mV and 900 mem.

Hello everyone!

First and foremost i would like to thank you guys for the shared knowledge and experience. Especially @oni and @Smining570 from which i learned a lot!

I’m from Brazil and the high temps season has begun in here…

So, i currently own 3 Vega 56 cards (all singlefan cards from PowerColor, 2 Samsung and 1 Hynix). On normal climate conditions i used to keep them lower than 77ºC MEM Temp which was ok (i guess)… But now they have reached over 85ºC MEM Temps and i’m really worried so i shut the rig down for now…

I saw on the forum that you guys discussed straps and configs to your Vegas in high temperature seasons but i can’t seem to find what exactly were your conclusions and tests on that topic.

I’m trying my best to be cautious about my rig, so if you guys could share some of your experience (and possibly straps and configs) with me, i would be very thankful.

This is what i got so far:

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Sadly, i believe gigabyte vegas are the worst.
Their bioses are weird. You can go and try to flash a sapphire reference 56 into it at your own risk. Gigabyte non reference don’t have a dual bios. So if you brick your card, recovering it may be hard.
If you go and try to use straps, timings and overclock on gigabyte’s own bios it may not work because again their bioses sucks. They are the only vegas with TDC power higher than 300A fixed on bios.

hi @Neco , just want to ask you about GPU2, is it Power Color RED DEVIL 56 with Hynix memory ?
if yes, i’ve the same card and struggling to achieve above 50 MHS :disappointed:

did you flash the card to another bios ? if yes please point me to the right bios

here is my setting

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 11 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 6 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 4 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 11

the memtweak that you post for GPU 2 is not working for my card :cry:

Thanks

Well, the downtuning I did is somewhere to be found in this very long topic, but all credits go to @ss-silver and @Smining570 ; they are the OC & Strap kings.
All I can say extra is that heat evacuation is very important.
You can add as much household fans to blow air over your rig as you want, but the heat needs to get out of the room. I have now removed all my extra household fans and added 2 industrial fans on the cellar window (one for cold air in, other one for hot air out); this has gained me much more than the household fans and was really wordt the investment. Pictures of that setup are also to be found somewhere in this topic.
I have since then improved the rig encasement too. Might add more pics later.

Hi @sirvok.

Sorry, but none of my GPU are Red Devil. They are all Nano: https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1527477130

And no, i did not flash them.