More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

great tuning… :+1:

1 Like

what is that?

I made a small variation of your strap for my card: this is the most stable strap for my Sapphire for now - --cl 20 --ras 23 --rcdrd 20 --rcdwr 11 --rc 36 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rrdl 5 --rtp 6 --faw 12 --cwl 7 --wtrs 4 --wtrl 9 --wr 13 --rfc 249 --REF 65000

2 hours and no restart or invalids :smiley: will report back

but in windows vega is ok

its wierd

vsimovic, what hashrate you getting with straps? and which oc setting?

It is weird indeed.
Does it also hash in Windows without issues?
It is a reference card, isn’t it? Like one with only 1 single “fan”?
I’ve suggested everything I could think off. The only thing remaining is a fresh install of hiveos.

more than ever :smiley:

Nice! I tried lowering RCDRD to 19 but it gave me around 5% invalids, so 20 seems to be the good spot for the Sapphire Hynix. I’ll also try some more tweaking on those settings and report back if I manage to improve it. Cheers and thanks again for your guide!

I didnt try mining on win.
yes it is reference card
i try this card on my old pc, when i boot hive os and at first it was not even loaded and then the old card was loaded, even though it was no longer connected in the pc, which I had there (Nvidie 1050)

For those who are having issues with:

• getting over ~45MH/s when OC is stable and straps are set in xinit.user.sh but don’t seem to apply,
  • or getting the miner to start at all,
  • or having regular miner reboots,

Please try to downgrade to version 0.6-195. That seems to be a stable version for our beloved Vega’s and on which straps are still applied on boot through xinit.user.sh.

Please report here if it solved your issues.

now flashing vbios vega 56 to vega 64 is ok but nothing is change and gpu driver is stil writen me error. :frowning:

I use memtweak –CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239
for all vega64(Flashto56)

mem temp 90c is too high? how to decrease

Set a target mem temp in auto fan settings and enable auto fan. Mine are set to mem temp 60.

Why is it set at REF 30? That’s for RXxxx cards.
What miner are you using? As you have both Nvidia and AMD you should use one that is capable for both together (e.g. Phoenixminer) or you could configure 2 different miners in the same flight sheet with some extra arguments (more complex).

yea i mine on phoenixminer but on vega 64 still dont details about power,temp or another info

Can you please remove the DPM, REF and MVDD from that OC and test?

the first time you wrote it, I deleted it, but without changes

either hiveos won’t show it at all during installation or it will pop up like this but you can’t dream of doing anything.

Greetings, I am fairly new to all this. I have two rigs - one running HiveOS and one running Windows 10. I migrate the various different cards I have over form the Windows rig to the HiveOS rig when I feel I have got it as optimised as I would like. So far she was running just fine with: 1x2080ti and 1x 2070 and 1x 5700XT and one RX480/8 - all giving good MH/s. And then today I tried to add my Vega64 Liquid Cooled.
On the Windows rig with TeamRedMiner and Wattman at:
Core Clock is at 994 Mhz at 980Mv
Fan is 1134rpm temp is 50c
VRM is 1200 Mhz at 950mV
Power Limit is 50
Power consumed is 151W
I get a solid 47.86 MH/s average over days.

Now I put it into the HiveOS rig and the existing 4 cards all do what they did before - but the Vega64 only gives 7.771 MH/s and pulls 77W. And the values for the OC are all the same as WattMan…any idea what is wrong here?

The HiveOS rig is using an ASUS Strix Z270 MB with Intel i7-7700K and an 850W Platinum Corsair PSU
The 4 existing cards are on risers and supplied by a separate HP 1100W (240v) Server PSU
The Vega64 is installed on the MB as I do not have any more risers (ordered)

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcomed. Am hoping to finally turn off the Windows Rig…

Have you tried switching it with one of your other GPU before further troubleshooting?

Hello Chenne, thank you for your suggestion. Yes I did try substituting it for the RX580, using its riser and then it went up to around 17Mh/s. I gave up after a few hours and put it back in the Windows rig where it immediately went back to almost 48Mh/s and is running now…with the price of ETH where it is I am suffering FOMO with the rigs being down :slight_smile:
In this case…Windoze wins the day…I will just leave it in the smaller Win10 rig churning away…