More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

That gives better hashrate?

Yes, about 0.2%… :wink:

These straps worked for me on my Sapphire 64 Nitros. Thank you for posting these. The straps in the original post in this thread wouldn’t work for me. My miner wouldn’t even start with those. I’m getting 52-53 MH currently with no modded bios. I’m pretty satisfied with that so I don’t know if I want to mess with modding them to 56 settings. Only thing is I’m getting some invalid shares every so often on two of my cards. Is that something to be concerned with? So far after about 10 min it shows 2 invalid shares on 2 of my cards.

I hope to help anyone who has memory hynix !! My Asus Strix Vega 56 HYNIX

OC: core 1100 vdd 860 mem 950

24hrs uptime 100% no reject no invalid

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 5 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 4 --FAW 12 --CWL 6 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249

3 Likes

Hi, an rcdr of 12 is more likely for samsung. For hynix you need to look for other straps with higher rcdr.
This thread above your post, but also the following one, are full of informations about our beloved Vega’s:

And then some. There is interesting guides on GitHub and other www sources. Just use Google to start understanding your Vega. If you have the patience, they are really worth it :wink:
I know it’s a lot to read, but there is no set and forget for Vega’s. Too many different things to take into account. For set and forget, you better forget about Vega’s and set another gpu type :sweat_smile:

2 in 10m is a lot IMO. I try to keep under 0.5% with a minimum testing time of 24h. But if I see 2 in 10m already, I stop and reconfigure. I have about 5 invalids in 24h on a 13gpu rig.

Or go to the overclocking tab and reset your entire OC profile. Off course first take a print screen or note down the values that do work. Then enter the desired OC values again, but DPM won’t be on the Vega.

1 Like

So I found out that if I lower the mem clock on boot to around 1000 and then increase back to 1060 after about 5 min it doesn’t get invalid shares but that’s a bit annoying to have to do. Not sure if there’s a way around that but it’s been working so far.

Hi Guys, I’m new to Hive OS. I just want to clarify. When I was mining on Windows OS before, I altered the power consumption using Soft Power Play Tables. Do I need to do the same with Hive OS? Thanks

gigabyte isnt any good card.

thies are my results

Strap
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 20 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 37 --RP 11 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 14 --REF 65535 --RFC 248

No, you just open the card OC window, set your desired voltages and clocks and make sure the toggle on the bottom is set to ‘on’. It’s the “aggressive undervolting (set OC for each DPM state)” that needs to toggle to green.

That’s a pretty weird OC and UV. You sure it’s from this guide and Vega related?

Thanks for your feedback Oni! I will give it a try. Thanks again!

How to set, I am very anxious, please

straps!!!

Thank you very much!!!

I have a gigabyte rx vega 64 after flash it on hive os with vega 56 bios. i can set it to 44 mh/s with these oc i found on yb and then when i add amdmemtweak in command it start reeboot. then i try another oc and amdtweak on forum and yb .it still keep crashing. what do i do wrong in my setting i fash it with newest 56 bios on poertech thnaks

i was struggling with this crappy gigabyte vega aswell as of now after many try and error i sit at 1050 core 950 mem and 810mv using the straps amdmemtweak --gpu 0 --CL 20 --RAS 20 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 37 --RP 11 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 14 --REF 65535 --RFC 248

i can get 51.12 mh not more than that but is stable AF (using TRM 0.8.1.1)
just created an account to see if i can help u get at least a lil better hash

2 Likes

Hello ss-silver,

I can confirm, that the ASUS Rog Strix Vega 56 (Hynix) is the worst card I ever had.

How did you get your card to run from a 1x Riser? When I connect it to a 1x riser the card is not recognized. When I put it into the 16x Slot, the card is recognized but causes system instability.

Could you please give me an advice, how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your anweser.

So this card has a bios switch on it too. Its on the top, near the back plate and I believe it should be switched towards the back plate. I must have accidently switched it when I moved some cards between rigs last week because it stopped mining, TRM would not initialize the GPUs when that ASUS was plugged in.
I ended up flashing a new bios before I realized there was a switch, but the flashed bios and having the switch towards the back plate do mine pretty stable on risers.

I am glad to here that. I already ordered a 16x riser, which I will return now. Thank you very much. So you think, switching to non-performance bios should be enough? You got invalide share with the card? Could you please provide me a link to the mod? :slight_smile:

Thank you very much in advance.

Ya I would try that switch or a different PCIE slot.
At 950 mem I get 1 invalid every few days or at 960 mem 1 invalid per day but more valid shares, I dont mind 1 invalid per day, means i’m really pushing that card lol :wink:
I didn’t mod the bios I just got the stock one from techpowerup and flashed it on.
or if you asking for the memtweak its
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 11