More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and R390 problems

Hello everyone! It’s time for my first post.

I have this problem with my rig (rx 580, vega 56, 3x R9 390)

They run under hiveOS and i cant get the timings for vega and the 390’s to play together.

If i upgrade my 0.6-201 hiveOS any further (202 and so forth) the 390’s stop to work. Tried different miners, they load the DAG file for half and hour and the hashrate is 370 Kh/s… And in 201 the tweakers for vega won’t apply. It says unknown command “tweakers” though RX 580’s REF 30 - tweak still works…
Then, if i update it a notch up, to 0.6-202 the vega starts to work 50.8 MH/s as it should (crappy hynix…) but then the 390’s stop.

Im using phoenixminer 5.4c for 390’s, 580 and TRM for Vega.

Could i manually apply the vega’s timings somehow in version 201?

Could i manually upgrade the amdmemtweak only?

Suggestions please, this is driving me nuts…

Greetings from Finland!

-Kanattu

Couldn’t put 2 images in the first post, here it’s upgraded.

Got the rig working after 15h of research…

I just downgraded to 0.6-195 and added the straps to xinit.user.sh file. Works flawless.

@Kanattu Hi, can you please tell me how u achieved 32 mh/s at 135w? i got 3 390 and i get 27 at 120W

1 Like

hello, how do you do to have 32 mh with only 135 w of consumption?

Hiya there,

The R9’s are biosmodded. I used hawaii bios editor and an hex editor.
There cards have such a massive memory bandwith, so you basically need to underclock the memory. 1250mhz is good. Then about 1100mhz on core it gives 32-33.5 Mh/s
Then i did a bit of messing lit the latencies of vram, but it didn’t do much, so just chance the clocks to about the range i said before.
This needs to be done via biosmodding, since hiveos doesn,t support these card anymore, leave anything but fan speed to 0/default.

Hope this helps a bit!

I’ll check the voltages tomorrow. (if i remember…) i have very many things to do so u can reply to this if i forget…

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.