More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

USB partition not recognised in bios of intel D945GTP

Using disk utility on macOS Big Sur, I have formatted a USB drive and it is now “USB External Physical Disk • GUID Partition Map.” The partition is seen as “USB External Physical Volume • Windows NT File System (NTFS)”

I then used Etcher to flash the latest hiveos image onto it. I booted one computer from this flash drive into hiveosand it worked perfectly (ie nothing wrong with the usb drive).

On another computer, although the Physical disk (USB External Physical Disk • GUID Partition Map.) is recognised, the Physical volume (USB External Physical Volume • Windows NT File System (NTFS)) is not.

It needs to read boot from this partition but cannot see it.

I have no other hard drive attached. I have enabled USB boot in the Bios I have enabled “boot usb devices first” in the Bios I have set the drive order (although there is only the USB attached so this is irrelevant)

Again, the bios CAN see the USB, but CANNOT see the partition with the bootable OS on it. When using a HDD with windows XP on it, the same computer boots fine

Using the same USB another machine, it boots as expected from the partition.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.