More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Upgrade Path when HiveOS Repos are stored locally with local web server

Hello. I followed the instructions here: https://hiveos.farm/guides-mirror/ in order to have HiveOS repos stored locally for quicker updates. Everything went fine with everything but I have two questions I hope someone with advanced knowledge can help me with.

1. if I run the traditional “apt update” and “apt upgrade” on shell, it’s going to use the Hive external repos. Which defeats the purpose of having the repos stored locally. When there’s a upgrade from 0.6 207 to 0.6 208 for instance, won’t shell automatically try the HiveOS servers for repo updates instead of using the locally stored repos?

2. How can I change the cron job to sync the repos every 8hrs instead of every hour which I think is overkill and unnecessary added stress to the system?

Thanks in advance for any help. I know this isn’t an everyday setup, but I already reached out to “support” and they have no idea how any of this works. That chat support is useless.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.