More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Unstable ETH mining with AMD RX 580

Hi,

Can anyone advise me how to improve my GPU’s mining stability?
It always produces a lot of invalid shares. Hardware issue?

Overclock settings:

Specs:

• GPU: 1 × Radeon RX 580 8192 MB · Sapphire - Samsung K4G80325FB · 113-1E3660U-O51
  • Motherboard: TB250-BTC PRO BIOSTAR Group (5.12 07/10/2017)
  • CPU: 2 × Intel® Pentium® CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz AES
  • RAM: 4 GB Kingston Hyper Fury
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000X Gold
  • Disk Model: Sony Storage Media 7801MB
  • Miner: teamredminer 0.8.1 with default settings
  • Not using any riser, plugged into the PCIe slot directly

Thanks.

Hi,
you have mod your bios?

Yes, I have.

Here is the file if you need it: 256 KB file on MEGA.

i dont want the bios… maybe your upload it again in this card… to fix your problem…

I tried re-flashing the card, still having the same issue. I also tried to lower (875) or increase the core voltage (to 925) and it crashed.

Also check your power cables on PSU and at card also… after check all the hardware … check your connectivity to internet (wireless or cable connection ) ??

If you run Monero through cpu and eth through Gpu you need more RAM into system…!!!

I checked all the cables etc, look good. Switched the PSU cable and the PCIe slot multiple times, didn’t help. Also tested just mining ETH and It had the same problem with or without mining Monero. Now my suspect is the card itself, it sometimes goes “missing”.

I will monitor further with an increased VDD (925).

Found that the card has some problems.
Just got a new card and has been working smoothly. Will send the faulty card for repair.

Thanks for the replies and advices, @nanial.

1 Like

Use the following 1168 core clock 860 core voltage 2050 mem clock and 800 memory controler voltGe

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.